Winter Break

Paisley

"Paisley! How was school so far?" My dad asks me when we meet at headquarters.

"Well, it's been interesting, that's for sure." I said.

He pulls me into a hug. "I missed my star." I smiled up at him and realized how much I really missed my dad.

"Come on PG..." one of the twins said. "...yeah, Fred and I saved you a spot at the table. We are going to eat." George said. "Mum cooked for all of us." Fred said as I went with them to the dining room to greet everyone else that was there, which were all part of the Order.

"Everyone, dad is back!" Mrs.Weasley said as she situated Mr.Weasley at the end of the table. We were celebrating his return and recovery, and it was also Christmas. There was lots to celebrate...and I was happy, but I wasn't. My mind was drifting to other places.

"Presents first!" Mrs.Weasley said as she started handing out presents. She had one for everyone, including me. She handed me something soft wrapped in striped green and red paper. I had really only ever gotten a present on Christmas from my dad.

I opened the package with excitement as everyone else around the table did the same. The paper was ripped off to reveal a dark green jumper with the letter 'P', large and on the front. She had spent the time to make everyone something personal. I smiled at the thought and then slipped the sweater over my shirt.

I was so happy in this moment but also completely overwhelmed with everything. I stood up and went over to Mrs.Weasley, completely unaware that there were tears starting to form in my eyes. I would not let them see me cry though.

I hugged her so tight, and she was surprised, everyone was. Mrs.Weasley felt like the mother figure that I didn't have. She had love for everyone in this room and it made my heart warm up with joy. "Thank you." I said quietly as I still hugged her.

I smiled at Mrs.Weasley one more time to truly tell her how thankful I was before sitting back down at the table by Fred and George. We ate dinner that Mrs.Weasley made while we talked and laughed with one another. I ignored the feeling of being out of place with all of them; talking about the fun things they had done and the jokes they all made. They were all Gryffindor's, and I was a Slytherin...so what did I expect? Then of course we got on the topic of Umbridge and the Ministry, which wasn't pleasant.

After a while, I just wanted to be alone. I felt left out and wanted to think about things. I got up from the table and started to walk out. "Where are you going Paisley?" I heard my dad ask.

I turned around. "I'm just tired." I said before I turned back around and walked out of the dining room. Before going up the stairs, I stopped and listened to the conversation still going on.

"She clearly isn't just tired Robert." Mrs.Weasley said.

"Maybe not, but I think I should just let her be alone, shouldn't I?" My dad responded.

There was a pause, and then Mrs.Weasley proceeded to talk. "Well you all don't know what she's been through, being a Slytherin and all. And she's probably got a lot on her mind with having another Christmas without her mother. Why don't one of you try and talk to her?" She must be talking to Fred, George, Ron, Harry, Hermione, and Ginny.

"I don't know Mrs.Weasley. Paisley seems like she's been trying to ignore us for the past month. Besides having the DA meetings, we don't really see her around." I recognized Ron's voice. It was true though, I have been trying to avoid them.

Mrs.Weasley responded. "Well, I still think you all need to keep an eye on her because she needs to stay safe."

"Why is it so important that she has to stay safe? Why is it such a big deal that no one can find out who she really is? I mean, we are all in danger right now." Hermione said.