Stereotypical

Paisley

"Hi Luna!" I said excitedly as I sat down by her in the library. Again, Luna was the only person who who knew about Draco and wasn't a Slytherin. She wasn't judgmental and didn't care about what other people thought. That's why I admire her so much.

"Hello Paisley!" She said with as much excitement as me. She was reading a new issue of The Quibbler, that was most likely just released this morning. She looked down and noticed my bruised hand. "What ever happened to your hand?" She asked with concern.

"Oh well, it's kind of a long story." She continued to look at me. "I punched Adrian pretty hard yesterday. That's why I was coming out of the Hospital Wing."

"Why did you punch him?" She asked.

"He tried doing something to me, and he had already done stuff to me before. I was happy because I finally stood up to him." I explained.

Somehow I knew she knew what I was talking about. "Well if I'm getting it correctly, he deserved it then." She said, giving me a sincere smile.

"Yeah, he definitely did." I said. "I just hope that he'll leave me alone now."

"Well, I think he will." She said as a few Hufflepuff's walked by us and pointed and laughed at Luna. They called her, 'loony'.

"I'm sorry, do you have something to say? If not, I think you all should move along and leave my friend alone." I said harshly, making the Hufflepuff's walk away.

"It's alright, I don't care that they make fun of me." Luna said confidently. "I'm a friend?"

"Yeah!" I said.

"That's nice." She looked around like she usually did and then she jumped up. "Oh look at that, it's my shoe." She picked it up and then sat back down. "My mum used to say that things always have a way of coming back. Those nargles are always up to mischievous things. They like to steal my shoes sometimes." She had mentioned this before.

"Did you say your mum used to say that?" I asked.

"Oh yes, you see, my mum passed when I was young. I was nine years old at the time. It's just me and dad now." And right now I felt closer as a friend to her than I expected to.

"I'm sorry. My mum passed when I was eight years old." She stopped daydreaming and looked at me.

"I didn't know that about you. I guess we are all full of surprises. You know, most Slytherin's aren't as nice as you are." She said.

"Yeah, I know. I definitely agree. Although, everyone assumes Draco is so mean and arrogant but they don't know him the way I do. There are a few good Slytherin's." I said.

"Yeah, you've mentioned that. It makes sense though. People just assume things because of lies other people tell." I never agreed with her more than I do now.

I smiled. "It's nice to hear someone else say that. I know that I would never be able to convince any of the Gryffindor's that Draco or any Slytherin isn't mean. I still haven't told them that I've been dating Draco, and I don't know if I should. They would hate me for a long time if they found out." I felt comfortable talking to her about this. I liked to hear other people's advise, especially Luna's.

"Well I always thought that telling the truth was the best thing you could do, even if other people don't want to hear it. I know this is different, but people think The Quibbler is fake. They think my dad and I are mad for believing that creatures such as nargles exist. I think I am telling the truth, and I know other people don't want to hear it, but I say it anyway." Everything Luna said always made me think.