The Battle (p2)

Paisley

When we walked down a bigger corridor there were people fighting everywhere, like we were entering a war zone. I'm sure it was like this at every area of the castle. When I looked to the windows some were broken. I'm sure that's how some of the death eaters came in, or threw people out. Either way, they were going down.

There were nine death eaters in this corridor, and five others being adults and students. I immediately fired a spell at the closest death eater that was closing in on a student. He turned his attention to me as I expected and we started fighting. I could see Draco starting to fight too.

I fired a spell that knocked him out before I grabbed his wand and tucked it in my shirt. Who knows when Draco or I will need a spare wand. I then moved to the next death eater who I accidentally pushed out of the window. It wasn't really my fault: I threw a spell at him and then he fell backwards out one of the windows that was already broken. When we took out the rest of them, Draco and I kept moving. I got somewhat thrilled by fighting the death eaters, it was like I was getting back at them for what they did to me. And seeing some of their faces when they saw Draco, a fellow death eater, fight against them was so worth it.

As we ran on we reached the end of the corridor. I was right ahead of Draco when he quickly wrapped his arms around me and pulled me back forcefully, right before a green light zoomed past me; the killing curse. "Look before you run next time." He said breathlessly as he let me out of his arms.

"Got it." I said before I looked and then ran straight out firing spells at the one who just tried to kill me. He was also wearing a mask, but he looked oddly familiar. His tall, muscular structure, his dark hair coming out of the sides of his mask, and even the way he fought; the way he walked. But where did I know this death eater from?

Draco was already fighting two death eaters to the right of me who didn't seem that skilled whereas I kept fighting this very skilled one that simply wouldn't back down no matter how hard I tried.

I could see Draco win his fights against the two death eaters as he fired a spell at both and they fell to the ground, not waking up. He ran to my side and the second he was there helping me fight, the death eater I was fighting ran quickly down the hall to get away from us.

As we ran and we kept fighting, there were small bombings, spells and light flying everywhere, people screaming, walls falling apart, rocks and boulders flying everywhere, and not to mention students running in all different directions. It was hard to run from place to place with everything going on.

We kept fighting and I took out death eater after death eater like rapid fire. Draco was even moving along slower than me, but he always made sure to stay close. 

We got out to an empty area and there were at least eight death eaters, but no one else fighting them. It seemed that they'd already fought the people who laid either passed out or dead on the ground.

They all turned to us as we walked in to the middle. They surround us and soon Draco and I were back to back, death eaters on every side of us. "On three." I said as I squeezed his hand once and then took my stance. "One. Two. Three." And without even thinking, I ripped my wand across the air sideways and took out three of them all at once. Well that's a new one.

I didn't even take a second to turn around to see what else was going on before I took a swing at the fourth one, but since he already saw what I did, he blocked it. "Aren't you supposed to be dead pretty girl?" He asked.

"Oh shit." I mumbled before I threw another spell, and somehow he rebounded it and it went back at me, causing me to fall backwards. I scooted back and tried to get back up fast when a death eater grabbed from behind. I could see Draco trying to fight two more beside me as one lay on the ground.