Holding Hands

Paisley

Ten weeks today and Madam Pomfrey says my nausea had gone up and down, but now it was so bad that I couldn't keep anything down. Not even liquids. Wizard pregnancies are more complicated; harder to track and understand. She gave me medicine but it didn't work as well, and so now I was just left to power through it.

I tried to hide how much I actually threw up from Draco, and I also tried to hide how exhausted I felt. The point was, I didn't want him to worry. I didn't want to spend time in the Hospital Wing. But the truth was that I was worried too. If I felt this terrible, how was the baby feeling?

We went to breakfast and I was nearly asleep, had no food in my stomach, and had no intention on trying to eat any more food. I didn't want to throw up again.

This morning I didn't talk much because I could barely even get out of bed. I was in a bad mood, and just wanted to keep my fucking eyes closed longer.

As I sat next to Draco, he put food on my plate. "No, no I don't want any." I said as I tried to stay as calm as I could. It felt like my temper could go off any second.

When I grabbed the glass of water in front of me, my hand shook so much that I dropped it. It didn't break, but the water spilled and it made quite a loud sound. And at that same time, Draco, trying to be nice, put food on my plate anyway. And the combination of those two things fired me up. "What's the point of eating if I throw it up anyway?!" I couldn't stop myself.

His eyes grew wide, but mine were stone cold and I didn't fully know why. I guess I've never really been like that. "I'm sorry but you just have to try." He said.

"No! I don't have to do what you say!" People we're starting to stare, but I didn't care right now. "You're not the one who's-"

"Hormonal!" Blaise said. And then we all looked at him. Pansy hit his arm.

"She's on her period so shut the fuck up!" Pansy said, which I was thankful for. I can't believe I almost just ruined everything by yelling it out for everyone to hear.

"You still have to eat!" Draco said, getting slightly angry himself.

Daphne and Miles were cleaning up the water I spilled. "I'm not eating this shit all to throw it up five minutes later! You don't understand!" I said, raising my voice to the point where my head also started to hurt.

"You're right. I don't! But right now all I care about is that you at least eat something." He grabbed my arm, not aggressively, but out of simply caring.

I ripped my arm away from him, although he was only trying to calm me down, and got up quickly. Draco followed behind as I walked as fast as I could to get out of that place full of food and judgmental people. I could barely even look at food because it made me so sick.

We left the Great Hall and he grabbed my arm, making me turn back to him. "I'm not going back in there!" I yelled.

"It's okay, it's okay. Just calm down." He held my hand now.

"I'm not going to calm down unless you let me do what I want, and I don't want to throw up again today!" I ripped my hand away from him again.

"You have to eat though! You haven't really eaten in a few days, Paisley!" He said, and I started to really get light headed. I felt like my eyelids were so heavy that I could fall asleep at any moment. "Paisley? Paisley?!"

"I'm fine!" I yelled as I stumbled against the nearest wall. He tried to come towards me. "No!"

He stopped. "I'm trying to help you!"

"No!" I yelled again.

"I don't know if you understand. This isn't good for the-" he started to say.