Chapter I- I'm alive?

(Shuichi POV)

Fiction can affect the real world! Our deaths will prove it! I thought as the building shook and crumbled from Keebo's attacks. Multiple pieces of the building hitting us, I got knocked out before I died.

I open my eyes, I was wearing some kind of helmet and heard some murmuring voices. From what I could make out here's the conversation:

(Anything with a -- is a word Shuichi couldn't hear properly)

"Is he -- up?"

"Take off -- head --" another voice commanded.

Take off my head? I most likely misheard-

The helmet was taking off my head to reveal a bright white, my eyes took a few minutes to adjust to the bright light as the view of the hospital room became clear. There were two female nurses and two others in the waiting chairs. My eyes were still adjusting so I couldn't make out who they were at the time. 

There were many electrodes attached to me as well as an IV drip in my elbow. My hair was longer than I could ever remember it being before. How long have I been here? My hair couldn't have grown this long with the amount of time I was in danganronpa. Why was I in a hospital? Didn't I die? So many questions, and things to investigate.

The brunette nurse spoke up, "Can you speak Shuichi?"

"A-a-a"

"Don't push yourself," the black haired nurse suggested. The nurses removed the electrodes and left the room.

Great, I can't investigate if I can't talk.

My eyes were finally completely adjusted and I could make out who were sitting in the chairs. 

"Ke-ke-ke-ad-e? R-"

She lifted her head, she had been dozing off before. "Shuichi! You're awake!" She shook Rantaro's arm. "Rantaro! Shuichi woke up!"

"Wha-" he peeled his eyes open. "Oh, you're up. Could you stop shaking me Kaede?"

"Sorry!" Keade gets out of the chair and walks over to the bed. "You're probably very confused right now, so I'll tell you what I know about this whole thing."

"Yeah, I'll fill in what she can't."

"First of all, none of us actually died, it was all virtual. Some kind of way the hospital was stimulating our brains after an earthquake. Coincidentally, we all slipped into comas then were transported here. That was about three years ago," Keade started. 

Rantaro continues, "You probably can't remember anything except for the killing game right?" I nod. "From what we've gathered, the killing game was never supposed to happen. Someone, most likely more than one person, accessed the world and recoded it or something so the access port wouldn't be from the hospital anymore. They DID film us and televised it. The Danganronpa team has been doing these kind of things for 53 years, out of those games, only two games haven't ending with fatalities. Ours, and the second game."

It was all a lot at once but I let them continue.

"As for who ran the game, the police still haven't found the perps yet. In other news, not all of us are awake though, you and the others who lived to the end are waking up. As for the others, besides Rantaro and I, Kirumi and Ryoma are awake. All the others are still in comas and we don't know how they pulled us out of ours."

"They are with holding a lot of information from us."

"Exactly."

"You still need to explain the earthquake incident," Rantaro reminded her.