Chapter III- Singing with Shuichi

(Kokichi POV)

I squint at the bright light I had become so unfamiliar with during my time in the black void. I moved me arm to cover my eyes, I guess that wasn't hell then? Definitely felt like it.

"Wh-who-o ar-re yo-you?" My voice was hoarse and crackly. I looked around the room, it was a hospital.

"Don't rush yourself, you just woke up," the person who looked to be a nurse suggested.

"Oh-h com-me o-on I'm fi-fine," I flash her a cheeky smile. It was a lie, my head was pounding and my limbs felt weak and numb.

A person I assumed to be a doctor stepped in the room, "I know you just woke up, but three of your friends are being discharged." Friends... They don't consider me a 'friend'. "Would you like to wave them off?" I simply nod and he brings in a wheelchair. 

The nurses help me into it, and I notice how long my hair had gotten. I wonder how long I've been here. At least a few weeks if its the same amount of time in the game as it is here. I wonder how I survived and what that black space was. It was mind-boggling. If I'm alive, then those 'friends' are all alive too.

It took a bit, but I eventually got wheeled out to the entrance to be met with the faces of all my classmates. And the three who were leaving, Shuichi, Himiko and Maki. Maki was giving me the death glare, Shuichi looked shocked, and Himiko was kinda mad I think.

"What's the glare for Maki-roll?" Kaito then looks to where her gaze was, "Kokichi! You're awake?"

"O-of cou-rse I-I am. I a-am the ul-t-imate sup-preme le-ader aft-after all!" I croaked out. This earned a disgruntled look from Kaito.

"Whatever, just don't get in over your head." He looked back to Shuichi and the others, "You better come back and visit me! You are my sidekick after all! You too Maki-roll!"

"Do you wanna die?"

Kaito shrieked and jumped backward, "No need for th-threats."

Shuichi was giving me a questioning look, "Wha-what's wr-ong Shu- Shumai?"

The detective brushed it off, "N-nothing Kokichi. How long have you been awake for?"

"M-aybe twe-twenty mi-nutes?" I gave him my signature smile, "O-or is th-that a lie?" Shuichi looked disgruntled after the last part. Then he seemed to dismiss it and smiled as three different cars pulled up.

As the three of them got in the cars, the others shouted farewells while I just waved.

                                      ~~~~

The boring days repeated, of rehabilitation and sitting alone in my room. I figured everyone else here hated me so I spent my days alone in my room. I pulled a lot of jokes during my rehabilitation. The first day I fell so many times and pretended I broke my ankle. 

"Nishishi, It was a lie!" It was the only way to entertain myself while in this forsaken place. 

It didn't take long to be able to walk, but I still had to use crutches to get around. It was sooo boring! Although today would be the day Shumai would be visiting, I'd heard whispers about it from the staff. Wonder if the little detective will visit me?

"Nishishi~" I chuckle out loud. Just as I did so, the detective I was thinking about waltzed in.

"S-sorry, should I come back another time."

"Yeah, I was reeeeally busy-"

"O-okay-"

"but that was a lie. Oh Shumai! I don't know how you didn't figure that out!" I teased.