Chapter XXXXXII- Would Anyone Believe Me?

(Kokichi POV)

The elevator descended. This time no shaky bull. Everyone was quiet. I didn't like it, things were waaaayyyy too tense. I guess it couldn't be helped though. I didn't want to do this trial, just like Gonta's. I wanted to go back to my dorm and sleep. Never leave again, I was alone.

However, I did want to find out who'd done this. That way, Eiko's killer would face execution.

The door opened, the monochromatic bear facing us about to go over the rules for the thousandth time. He sped through them, seemingly excited over the trial. It was going to be an interesting one for sure.

Everyone got by their pedestals and exchanged glances with each other.

"I guess we should start right?" Aimi muttered.

Shuichi nodded. "Yeah, but what should we start with?"

Kokoro budded in, "What about how the room was locked?"

"Alright, but if it was locked how was Eiko killed?" Rantaro asked.

"He was shot, Atua told me," Angie said.

Shuichi jumped back in, "But we don't know if that's how he died."

He was right but what other way could he have died? Was there something in the Monokuma file."

"What're talking about, what else could have killed him?" Naoko seemed irritated.

Shuichi grabbed it out. I knew he would, showing the monokuma file. "The Monokuma file doesn't say how he died and he has an internal injury. A corroded throat."

Miu raised a brow, "But how the fuck would he have gotten that?"

"What about that thing I showed you Shuichi? Could it have been that?" Kaede pondered.

"The cup.."

I shot Shuichi a confused look, "How could a cup do something like that? Did the killer put something in it?"

Kaede nodded, "Yeah! There was some kind of weird smell on the rim."

"What would do something like that to Eiko, Gonta not understand."

Sachio placed a hand on her chin, "There's many substances that can do that if ingested. But what do we have here that could've done that?"

I knew exactly what they were going towards. After all, I was the one who told Shuichi what chemical was missing.

"Shuichi, you asked if something was missing in the science room. Does it have to do with that chemical?" Kokoro reminded him.

"It does.. Which makes one person in particular suspicious in a way." Shuichi looked at everyone, then directly at me. "Kokichi, how did you know what chemical was missing? How often and closely would someone have to look at a collection of chemicals to know the exact one that would be missing?"

"I wanted to make an explosion, duh. I had to see if they had chemicals that could do that." I could tell he didn't believe me but it was partly true. Plus I got so bored that time in the science room, I rearranged all the bottles three times. "But I see how I could be suspicious, so I won't hold it against you."

He did not like my answer but he moved on. "The chemical was chloroform, or at least that's what Kokichi said. So who could've known how that chemical reacts?"

"Well no one here has a chemist talent or something like that-" Aimi quietly spoke. "B-but maybe it could do with someone's talent, but not like a super obvious way. Like they had to use it for something in their field?"