Chapter XXXXVII- Invite

(Shuichi POV)

I got out of bed that morning to the seven am announcement. I didn't want to look in my closet. It was probably stuff similar to what was in my ultimate lab in the previous game. Which meant.. Poisons.. Without looking too long, I grabbed a black sweater and jeans to head out in.

Walking down the hall, I got on the elevator and went down to the cafeteria. Though, anytime I went down there, I would think of those three. Maki, Kaito and Kokichi, all of us chatting together. That dream didn't help any.

Kokichi's not gone like them, but he's not there either. Not like I particularly wanted him to be. I was better without him is what I thought.

I grabbed some bacon from the fridge that Kaede had made with Rantaro the other day. I warmed it in the oven for a few minutes before going back out to the dining space. No one else was there yet. Probably anxious about the motive. Well that is except that guy Naoko.

He was skulking around, not really doing much of anything. All he had was a glass of water, he'd been like that for days. I didn't like him. At all. He was the main reason they were gone, both of them.

I contained myself before going back into the kitchen to wash my dish, passing him on the way. I didn't spare a glance.

As I came back out I saw people trickling in.Kaede, Rantaro, Kokoro, Angie, Gonta, and AImi were at one table. While Sachio, and Eiko were at another, same with Miu and Kiibo. Naoko though, had seemingly disappeared from the scene.

I decided not to think about it and pulled up a chair to Angie's table.

"Morning Shuichi," Ranataro greeted.

"Morning," I replied, a little groggy.

Kaede jumped in, "Have you eaten yet?" I nodded. "Well that's good at least, you- uh- how do I say this?"

"Atua tells me Shuichi isn't eating well because he's sad," Angie finished for her.

I glanced at the floor, then back up to them. "I-uh. That's... that's true. I don't want to talk about it."

"Look we know it's hard to lose people close to you but-"

"You didn't know them well, so don't give me some stupid reasoning like that."

Gonta chimed in, "Gonta not understand but want to help."

"Sorry, but you can't." I stood up from my chair, and left the cafeteria.

I walked down the hall and got on the elevator. Before it closed though, a voice shouted from the direction of the cafeteria. "WAIT HOLD THE DOOR OPEN!"

He ran over, it was Eiko. I didn't know him well but he seemed nice enough. The girl, Sachio was behind him. "We have to get these coffees up to the art room."

"Not like he'd mind if they were cold," Sachio added.

Eiko sighed, "Like he'd say if he did, he lies too much for his own good." Once Eiko'd brought up lying, I knew exactly who he was talking about. "Your name's Shuichi if I remember right?"

"Y-yeah." He pressed the second floor button and the doors closed with the three of us on it.

"Would you like to come with? We won't be doing much but it'll still be fun," Eiko suggested.

Sachio pitched in, "The more company the merrier."

"N-no, I'm tired. Thanks for the offer though, maybe a different time. I'm going to go back to my dorm for now."

"Oh Okay, I get it. Feel free to stop by!" Eiko said as the doors chimed open to the second floor. He waved as the doors closed again.

So that's where Kokichi had been, I thought he was hiding or something like he'd done in the previous game. But apparently I was being the coward. The doors opened and I stepped out.