Chapter 59- Egg

I turned on their phone and looked through the messages. There weren't many chats, like two group chats, one with Miu, one with Angie, one with Gonta, and one with 'creator'.

One of the group chats was titled 'without Kokichi', the one that mentioned the ceremony wasn't til the next week. Figures, just that hated I guess.

The chat with 'creator' was interesting. It's last message was a photo of what I think was that professor he was always mentioning. Except something was off in the background. The professor was holding a blow torch, but it looked like the car behind him had the exhaust on.

Oh shit.

I felt bad for Keeboi but everyone has a motive like this, not just them. I sat in that elevator for what felt like hours. I knew I had to leave but they were all bound to be pissed at me. Especially Kiibo. The elevator doors opened, clearly it was never going to move.

I looked at the hall where everyone, with the exception of Shuichi, Kiibo and Aimi, were gone. I gave a big smile and waved at the three who'd been waiting.

"Give back our phones Kokichi," Kiibo demanded.

I tilted my head and gave a menacing smile, "I only have two, have fun finding the other." I perked back up, "Speaking of phones, where'd everyone else go?"

Aimi, "Well the elevator is broken so their rooms. Not very many other places to go-"

I tossed Shuichi's phone at him and Kiibo's at them. "I never took you for the sassy type Aimi!" I flatly told her. I skipped passed them, "If you wanna find your phone Aimi, just retrace my steps!"

Sure, I hadn't gotten all the motives but three was better than none! I went into my room and wrote who had what and placed it with the other items for Naoko's plan. I didn't put my motive in there, I didn't want anyone to know it but me.

Soon after I heard the dreaded announcement.

"A body has been discovered! Everyone please report to the band room. The elevator has been repaired for everyone's use!" Monokuma voice shrilled through the speakers.

I exited my room and got on the second elevator pack since it couldn't hold everyone on the first trip. Everyone obviously angry at me, but I just smiled as we rode down the rickety old thing.

Once I looked in, I wasn't surprised but of course it was. Anyone with any connection to me dies, at least with Naoko it was expected.

He was posed, with a guitar and sombrero on his head. I wondered how he died, there wasn't much blood if any around.

"You all got here quick! Welp it's time to investigate, so- here's the monokuma file ya rats!" Monokuma shouted then poofed into smoke.

I looked at the file: Victim: Naoko Kojima Cause of Death: Choking External Injuries: Bruised legs and arms Time of Death: 10:53 am

Of course missing a crucial detail. Oh so great Monokuma. But I couldn't investigate, this just meant all that prep wasn't for nothing. I did have his key with me. That means I'm the one who needs to survive to the end huh? Naoko's even annoying when he's dead.

I slithered between people and got back on the elevator to the dorms. I opened his door and looked inside the end table for it. There were three envelopes with names of people not in the game, 1 envelope for Kokoro, one labeled 'goodbye'. Then three addressed to me, one was the blackened plan he'd made as an emergency, we'd both made one, and a list of details on all the people still in the game, and a note I'd decided to read later.. Then, his phone was there too.