Chapter XXXI- Screwed up

(Updated version of DICE ^^. Reminder this is not my art but an edit of someone else's.)

(TW: Mentions of su*c*de)

"I'm his Dad."

I swallowed hard. He's not lying, I can tell that much. Once he hears I tried to off myself, then he gives a fuck. I can't let him know just yet, I plan to eventually but I can use this for now.

"What cha say kid?"

"Nishishi~ nope!" I giggled. "What's in it for me?"

He grimaced red in his eyes, "You can go home. Unless you agree, I won't let you leave."

I could tell he was bluffing but didn't call him on it. "Guess I don't have choice, too bad really. I'll help with your quest for your son. No guarantees I'll find him though."

"Knew you'd see things my way." He took out a piece of paper and wrote something on it, "Here's a number you can text if you find anything." He moved away from the bedroom doorway and let me exit the house.  "One more thing, what your name."

Crap, what alias can I use? Oh I got! "I'm not supposed to give strangers personal info sir. If you'll excuse me, I've got places to be!" I smirked and used a smoke bomb to disappear before him. I ran around a nearby building. Thanking my past self for bringing those prank supplies, I head toward the secret base.

The forest trail was the same as ever and it didn't take long to get to the base. The door was open and I could see them all sitting inside, including a fourth one. I knew who it was, I had invited him after all. I didn't think he'd come but he did. 

Minato sat on the couch, Himari was sitting next to the bookcase on the floor, Akio was next to Himari, and Rika was looking at the engravings on the wall above the couch. Minato didn't look comfortable at all, he looked sort of pissed.

"Everyone is already here! How lousy I am to be here last?"

Everyone besides Minato came up to me.

Rika was fairly enthusiastic, "Kokichi! You're finally back!" She gave me a hug which I wasn't expecting and pushed her off. "How rude! You got out of the hospital and didn't even contact us until now, we were worried about you!" She scolded.

"Of course you'd be worried about your leader, but I'm good to go now!" I cheekily smiled.

Akio scratched the back of his neck, "So, what happened after you left that day?" The atmosphere turned from comfortable to serious.

"AKIO!" Rika chopped him on the head. "You can't just ask that! It's impolite, I thought you had some manners. How wrong I was."

Akio rebutted, "Give me more credit than that!"

"W-wh-why d-did y-y-you tr-try t-to di-die?" Himari stuttered out.

Rika took a step away from Akio, glanced at Himari, then to me. Guess it was going to come out one way or another.

"Don't lie about this," Minato chimed in for the first time.

Everyone's eyes were on me creating a dense atmosphere, "Seriously, how heavy can an atmosphere get? It's no fun if you're all so stone-faced."

Minato shouted, "It's not supposed to be fun! You tried to off yourself! How the hell is a topic like that supposed to be fun?"

"Nishishi~ anything can be fun, you just have to make it that way!" I'm starting to sound like Kaito, damn it!

Rika sighed, "Kokichi, please just tell us what lead up to it."

"Uh- fine," I grouched and moved over to the couch, ooow that rimed. "Well after I left here, I went back to the house with my foster family." They nodded as if listening intently. "A woman from social services came to check that everything was okay with me. I thought everything went fine, but I said something that she didn't approve of. The social worker asked me if I had been eating well and how'd I'd been since leaving the hospice. I said something like: 'I'm tired' and 'it's sometimes difficult to get food for myself with my foster siblings.