Chapter 61- Goodbye Letter

"Don't be so hasty! Someone else could've seen the body! Like the one who claimed to be in the library this entire time," Sachio commented.

"Me? But I was just sleeping there," Rantaro defended.

She scoffed, "Can anyone prove that?"

There's not much of way to prove that, but maybe I can get her to let it go with more evidence pointing in Kokoro's direction.

"No one saw him there because he was alone," She started. "If anything is said otherwise it's a lie. He could've easily seen the body by going next door. And if he was the one who dragged it, the library is a good excuse!"

I focused on my counterpoint, "Even so why would he drag the body? It would've been hard to find in the closet so why drag it out? Rantaro barely knew Naoko at all, it doesn't add up."

"Maybe to make things more complex, throw people off. Make someone else more viable killer than him to win you moron," Sachio continued.

I spouted, "Kokoro obviously knew Naoko more than the rest of us, I'm pretty sure most of us have seen at least one instance of them talking to each other about things outside this game or life we're living."

"The only times I've seen them together, they've been barking at each other. They've distinctly hated one another since Naoko tried to kill her in their game-" He what? I stared blankly.

"Oh me oh my! Kokoro is looking more and more suspicious by the minute, at least that's what my dear atua tells me!" Angie was as energetic as ever.

Kiibo chipped in, "That feels like it could've been motive, correct me if I'm wrong."

"Gonta agree with Kiibo, Kokoro may have killed Naoko?" Gonta questioned.

Kokichi chuckled. "What's funny Kokichi?" Kaede crossed her arms.

"Nothing, just that doesn't explain that a third person saw the body. Plus, do you think she'd have the gall to kill someone?" Kokichi grimaced. "I doubt it."

He was probably right. I knew Kokoro wouldn't kill someone, I had a gut feeling. Something that Kaito always told me to trust. Though it looked rather hard to convince anyone else that she wasn't the killer. Maybe if I could explain why she dragged the body, but only Kokoro really knew the answer to that! Where could I help then?

"Even if she were the killer, who would've seen it?" It was the only point I could lead off of.

Kiibo spoke up, "Since all four were on the second floor, any of them could've seen it."

"But Rantaro was sleeping and Angie and Gonta were together. They found the body together," I mentioned.

Kaede added, "But doesn't that rule her out to be the killer then? If everyone was together, or sleeping, then Kokoro would be the only one-"

"But Gonta only met up with Angie on the second floor. Gonta wasn't with her whole time. Gonta even saw Naoko head down to first floor after Aimi got people to help get phone back," Gonta budded in.

That means... "If Naoko only went down after Aimi went back upstairs, then that means our suspect list has narrowed!" We had gotten somewhere.

Rantaro summarized, "So the only people downstairs were Kokoro and Angie. In that case, one of them is our killer and the other dragged the body."

"Exactly, and the only one who could have been in the pantry in the morning to steal a dumpling would've been-" I looked around the room cautiously. "Angie."

Angie looked at me confused, "Oh me? Hmm, I think you got your facts wrong! An Atua blessed person could never-"

"Then let me convince you." I needed to convince myself a bit more too. Angie? Murder someone? Hard to believe.