Chapter VII- Secret Base and DICE

(The art above is not mine, I edited it to make sense to the narrative! If you know the original artist let me know so I can credit them!)

I unpacked my old backpack, it had my phone, clothes, some makeup that I used to use to cover to scars and a notebook that me and the other members of DICE used to write prank ideas in. I grabbed my phone and looked up the names of all the people in DICE to see which two had died. Daichi, and Yua. 

Before I knew it, hot tears pricked my eyes.  Daichi was one of the first friends I'd ever had and Yua was like a mom to everyone in the group. She was pretty tall with short blonde hair while Daichi had a red afro and large build. While looking through the notebook, I saw all the ideas they had come up with. Whenever one of us came up with a prank to pull, they'd write there name by to claim it as there own. They never got to do most of them, if only I hadn't fallen into a coma. Maybe I could've-

While looking through it, my phone pinged. 

I looked at the message and it was a text from a group chat.

Miu- Hey Fuckers! I got all your numbers and put you all in this chat!

Keade- Yay! We can all talk to each other now! :)

Kaito- I agree with Keade, we can all still talk even though we left the party!

Shuichi joined in- Why are you all still up? It's past one am now

Angie- I'm praying to Atua! Of course she is.

Himiko- I'm practicing my magic

Tenko- I'm practicing my Neo-aikido

Kirumi- I'm cleaning the house at my master's request

Ryoma- finding a place to hide from police

I replied with- Whatever could they be chasing you for?

Rantaro- He did kill a mafia boss

Myself- No! He didn't >:) According to multiple articles, he injured a mafia boss. He did not kill them. I had found many articles when googling him.

Korekiyo- I'm not sure about anyone else, but our memories seem somewhat askew from what actually happened to us before the game.

K1 B0- Yes, that does seem to add up. My memory bank had corrupted files when I got back home. They're all fixed now, but it was subtle differences from the original memory.

Kaito- I wouldn't call murdering and injuring someone subtle differences

Tenko- 0o0 The degenerate is actually right!

Kaito- Give me more credit than that!

Tenko- You degenerates always seeking credit!

Gonta- Gonta just glad everyone home and safe! Oh Gonta so naïve. Home and safe aren't the same thing.

Tenko kept arguing with Kaito for the next half hour before I got a message from Shuichi, not in the group chat that is.

Shuichi- Are you okay? I heard a thump soon after the door closed.

Myself- Awe! Is Shuichi worried about little ol' me? ;)

Shuichi- what's the wink for? Of course I'm worried, your mom was holding onto your wrist pretty tightly.

Myself- Oh it wasn't that bad! It looked worse than it was! Lies, I still had a red mark on my wrist. As for the thump, my backpack fell off.

Shuichi- I suppose that makes sense. What'd you have in your backpack? It must be heavy for a thump that loud.

Myself- It had my phone, some notebooks, clothes and old textbooks. Investigating I see!

Shuichi- You caught on, I am still a detective.

Myself- Well of course I caught on! Your pretty easy to read Shumai!

Shuichi- You're right there :) 

I placed the phone on my nightstand and turned the lamp on whist wiping the tear trails from earlier. Sniffling, I continue to read the notebook. I was planning to read it all night but felt the urge to go to our old hangout.

I climbed through the window onto the roofing outside. I shuffled down the roofing to the garbage cans and stood on top of one of them then lowered myself to the ground. I walked up the street until I reached a trail that lead to the forest. The building was pretty deep in the forest, so I skipped through it to keep myself entertained.

A few minutes rolled by and I made it to the small concrete building. Moss had grown along the cracks in the walls and there were vines strewn all around it. I went inside instantly spotting the green couch we had put there. I wasn't able to lift it alone, so Rika Daichi and Yua each grabbed a corner and we lifted it together from a nearby dump site. Daichi brought a vacuum and Yua brought some cleaning chemicals to get the grime and stuff out of it. There was also a bookshelf another member had brought, her name was Himari. She was slightly taller than me and had long light brown hair. There were still mangas on the shelf that we'd all brought in. It was all covered in a thick layer of dust. Seeing the place like this, it reminded me how much time had really gone by since then.

Remembering how we put this place of ruin together, just reminded me of how different everything was going to be. After all, two of our members were dead, some had moved away, and I could only get in touch with Rika. The people who I was closest to, they let this place decay and gave it to the passing of time. Why just abandon it? After all we'd done to keep it tidy, they let it get covered in grime, dust, dirt, and faded names we'd etched into the concrete walls. Every time we got a new person to join, we had them etch their name in the wall. The names were still there but parts of the letters were chipping away.

The vacuum was still there, as well as cleaning supplies. Then and there, I decided to clean the place.

I scrubbed the couch, and the vacuum was battery powered so I vacuumed the couch cushions getting out as much gunk as possible. It took hours to clean everything, remove moss from the cracks in the walls, sweep the place, remove dust from the bookshelf, go through the books to see if any were ruined, and remove cobwebs. I knew if I could get the rest of DICE back together, the place had to look good. By the time it was all done, I could tell the sun was rising and I needed to get back to the house before she noticed my disappearing act.

I made my way back, climbed the garbage can onto the roof and through the window. I didn't see Alex which was a sign that I'd made it back too late. Just as that thought crossed my mind, she came in.

"So you're finally up? Get downstairs NOW," She commanded. 

I nod not wanting to go at all. I also needed to change into some new clothes since the ones I were in was covered in gunk from cleaning. I quickly changed into a black hoodie and some black, slightly ripped up, jeans. Time to get ready for the lecture of a lifetime right after getting out of the hospital, what a thrill! I rolled my eyes at the thought.

.........................

A/N

Sorry about this being shorter than usual, but I wanted to end the chapter on a good stopping point without it being to long. As I said at the beginning of the chapter, the art is an edited version of some else's fanart to fit this story. 

This is also a kinda sad chapter as well but I hope you guys still liked it. I'm finding it hard to right uplifting stuff right now since I'm not the most happy version of myself. Especially recently. 

Anyways have a good day/night,

Love y'all!

~silliesgirlz out