Chapter XVIII- Date (Part 1/2)

The smell of waffles flowed throughout the house. It smelled like there was some kind of fruit inside it, I could tell even if I was upstairs.

I pushed myself up from Shuichi's chest, he was still soundly asleep. I moved some of his hair so I could see his face, he was so calm when he was sleeping. I kissed his forehead. When I attempted to get off the bed, I toppled off the bed. Ouch. I didn't wake him did I? I perched my head on the edge of the bed and he was still out. I pulled the covers up over him and jollily skipped out of the room and down the stairs.

"Morning Kokichi!" His uncle greeted me.

"Morning-"  I still didn't know his name. It's odd that Shuichi just calls him 'my uncle' and leaves it at that. 

He chuckled, "You can call me Benjiro." He was serving two plates of strawberry waffles and put some in a bag. "Get Shuichi up, I've got to get to work. School also starts in a few days, there's some money on the mantle, make sure you get school supplies today." He grabbed his keys from a hook on the mantle, "I'm off!" He took the bag and left the house in a rush. I wonder what case he's working on.

I grabbed the plate of waffles and looked at them. I took a few bites, but I started choking on it. Luckily for me, Shuichi was coming down the stairs right at that moment. He saw me choking and encouraged me to keep coughing until I spit it out in the sink.

"You have to be more careful Kokichi!"

"Who says I didn't do it on purpose so you'd wrap your arms around me?" I teased. 

His cheeks grew red. "Did you?"

"Nishishi~ guess you'll never know!"

I washed off my plate and put it in the dishwasher while Shuichi, still groggy, started eating his. He finished his waffles considerably quick, like they were there one second and gone the next.

I skipped round the room thinking of what to do but Shuichi beat me to the chase. "How about that date?"

I smiled at him, "Are you a mind reader? Do you have a place in mind, I don't really care as long as it's with you!" 

He blushed. "Th-there's a fair in town, we could go-"

I didn't let him finish, bursting with excitement. "A FAIR! Let's get going then!" I grabbed his arm pulling him towards the door.

"W-wait! We have to get dressed first."

"Right," I sighed. "Okay, but you better hurry Shumai! I won't wait!" I jumped up the stairs.

"Uh- Kokichi! That's a lie right?" He asked but I smirked at him leaving him to wonder.

I got into my room and picked out a long-sleeve dress shirt trying to hurry to put it to cover the scars. I didn't want to see them, at all. Why did I do that to myself? What a rhetorical question. I wore black ripped up jeans and pulled my hair back. I'll try to look nice this once, but not too nice. I pulled out pieces of hair to make it look messier. I had to bring my phone and wallet so I shoved my phone in one of my back pockets and my wallet in the other.

Going back downstairs I spot Shuichi waiting at the front door. "So much for keeping you waiting," he had a huge smile on his face.

"You waited for me, so it all worked out!" Shuichi was wearing a black jacket, with a grey t-shirt and blue jeans. "You didn't dress nice!" I complained. He shifted to 'was I supposed to?' panicky pose. "No worries Shumai! I like you as is!" Did I overdress? I just wanted to look nice for him, did he not want the same? Whatever, let's get going to the fair.

We held hands walking around the cityscape. I don't understand how you can get used to a place like this! The buildings are huge! The place is so loud too! It's going to be something to adjust too.

I spotted the ferris wheel over one of the buildings, it was a red wheel with matching red cages that had windows that I thought would have an amazing view of the city. It was hard to tell since I was so far away.

"Come on Shumai! I see the ferris wheel! We should hurry!" I pulled him by the hand.

He gasped at being tugged on so much. "We have all day! We c-could look at the sh-shops and things on the way!" I stopped pulling on him and he bumped into me from behind.

I turned around and kissed him on the cheek, his cheeks became rosy. "Sounds like a good idea Shumai!"

We made our way along the sidewalk walking towards the ferris wheel in the distance when Shuichi suddenly stopped.

"I still haven't bought you that coffee yet. Do you feel like a cup?" He asked when I noticed he'd stopped in front of a café.

He owed me a coffee? Oh yeah for being a bad liar! "Hmmm no. But we've been walking around for sooo long I might as well accept."

Walking in with goofy smiles, Shuichi ordered us both drinks and we sat at a small table to wait for them. It didn't take too long for the drinks to be ready and we ordered them to-go so we could drink them on the way to the fairgrounds.

Skipping along, drinks in hand, we would gawk at the prices of things in the windows and how tall manikins were compared to me. I hate being short sometimes.

Once we were halfway there, I had finished my drink and tossed the cup in a nearby garbage can; Shuichi had also finished his.

"Shumai!" I shouted. "I'm tired!"

He sighed, "We're almost there-"

I groaned, "Could you carry me?"

"Okay, I could." He turns his back to me and crouches down, "H-hop on."

I climbed on his back so he'd be giving me a piggy-back ride. I squeezed around his neck but not too much so he could still breath. I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and some wireless earbuds and turned on some music to listen to, putting one in Shuichi's ear and the other in mine.

We bobbed our heads to the rhythm and laughed at some of the lyrics in the music while traveling towards the large wheel, it was getting closer and I was getting more pumped.

.................................................

A/N 

Sorry about the shortness of this chapter, I wasn't planning on posting until tomorrow but I think I should try my best to keep to the daily update schedule. 

I WILL be adding art to this chapter! But for now I have to get some school work wrapped up.

We almost have 1.5K reads btw~

Have a great day! Love y'all!

~silliesgirlz out