Chapter XXXXIX- Comic Strip

I pried myself off of my bed and rubbed my eyes as the morning announcement played.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRGLE

My stomach growled. All I'd had over the last few days was coffee so it made sense. I didn't want to, but I figured there'd probably be something small in the cafeteria's fridge I could sneak.

I peered out the hall and no one was out there, probably. I stepped out and booked it to the elevator before anyone could see me.

I was able to snag a half of a strip of bacon from the fridge without being seen before heading up to the second floor. I spotted Sachio as I finished about a bite or two of my bacon.

She was trying to get in the art room but it seemed it was locked.

I hid the rest of my food behind my back since I didn't want to finish it. "Morning Sachio!" I yel-I mean, greeted.

She stepped back from the door, obviously frustrated. "Hey Kokichi, I can't get the door open."

"Who's in there?" I asked curiously.

"Eiko, he said he was working on something. Don't you have a lockpicking kit or something?"

I looked down sadly as I lied, "No, it broke last time I used it. My poor locky!" I burst into crocodile tears. "Alright, I feel better now."

"Dang it, I guess I'll have to find a key then." She walked passed me towards the warehouse and I followed of course. I could've unlocked the door but that didn't seem as fun.

"So~ where to first?" I prodded as she walked

She glance at me for a second, then at the doors. "The warehouse-ish room, where else?"

"You think they'd keep keys in a room everyone has access to?"

She shrugged, "It's possible."

We entered the space and looked around. I took the right half and she took the other. I didn't think it'd be in there but I searched the nooks and crannies but-as I thought- didn't find anything like a key. It also gave me a chance to dispose of the food from earlier.

I snuck over to her side, "Found anything?" She visibly jumped.

"Jeez, and no. Did you find anything on your side?"

"Nope!"

"You sound way too cheery."

"Just my great personality nishishi~"

She rolled her eyes and we left the space, walking down the hall once more.

I wanted to pry a bit, "So~ you and Eiko dated right?"

She sighed, "For a time yes. Why do you ask?"

"I don't know, just seems like someone still has feelings."

"I don't like what you're implying, he's a friend who I help out sometimes. Nothing more, nothing less," she replied.

I scoffed, "Wow, someone sure loves lying~ and it's not me!"

She ignored me as we got on the elevator, she pressed the first floor button and the elevator descended. The doors opened and she walked out, I didn't follow. I knew she'd probably be going to the cafeteria and that was probably where Shuichi would be. I still wanted to avoid him.

So I went back up to my dorm, thinking on what I could do when an idea popped into my head. What if I pull a prank on Eiko? I had the stuff in my closet, most of it wasn't harmful. I'd just have to check and think on which one would be best for the occasion.