Chapter V- Celebration (Part 2/2)

Rika looked different, but I couldn't really remember her face so it was hard to recognize her. Maybe she could explain what happened to DICE while I was comatose. 

When I walked over to the punch bowl, Gonta and Shuichi wave. Ha- they think I'm walking over to them! I walked up to Rika and tapped her shoulder even though she way taller than I was. She turned around to face me and a huge smile grew on her face.

"Hey Kokichi!" She picked me up and with my feet dangling a few inches off the floor, she squeezed the living hell out of me. She set me back down on the floor and continued to smile. "How are you?"

I wanted to say 'how do you think I am? I just got out of the hospital from waking up from a three year long coma' but didn't. "Oh just great, I could do twelve frontflips right now!"

She beamed, "Really?"

"No, I was lying. I woke up from a coma, how do you think I am?" She huffed at my answer but didn't press any farther. "Are you going to explain what happened to DICE?" A sad expression crossed her face briefly before her smile returned.

"Sure." We sat in one of the booths in the corner away from everyone. "Guess I should start?" I nod, sipping a glass of water I had served myself. "When you fell into a coma, most of us were a bit shaken up. We would still meet up every week, but pulling the pranks we usually did didn't feel right without you around. The group fell apart." Those four words hurt me a bit, but I didn't let it show and let her continue.

"We all kept in touch but some of the group moved away to another city. Most of them still live around in this city but they refused to come today. All though most of them stayed here, a few years back, whilst you were in your coma, two of them were in the same car and got into a car accident," she paused. "They both died." Those words hit me like a bag of bricks.

I felt like I was going to cry, not those fake crocodile tears but really cry. I couldn't hold in the tears as they pricked my eyes.

"I'll leave you to think." She walked off without another word.

I sat there in my silence for a few minutes before I heard a familiar voice say, "I got your punch, I would have brought it sooner but you looked-" he stopped mid-sentence. Shuichi took a seat next to me, setting the punch cup on the table. "What's going on Kokichi?"

I stayed silent for a few minutes, "Oh, my pet turtle died and now his ghost is asking me for all the food I wasn't able to feed him during my coma!" 

"Kokichi, you're lying. What's actually going on?" How'd he know? Well I guess the ghost part is a bit of a stretch.

I sighed, "While I was in my coma, two members of my organization died." He put his hand on my shoulder while the tears trickled down my face. We sat in silence while I silently cried, Shuichi continued to hold my shoulder. 

"It's going to be tough to move past this, but knowing who you are, you'll push through it," Shuichi cornily said.

I muttered under my breathe, "You don't know me." I paused, "Like a little death would get me down!"

"Kokichi, you don't have to lie. I understand it's hard to lose a person. We were all in a killing game, so don't lie to yourself either," he tried comforting me. He put his arm around my shoulder pulling me into him.

Sniffling I tease him, "O-oh does my Shum-mai like me back?"

"Wha- what?" A blush crept up on his face.

"Oh nothing~" 

                                                                         ~~~~