Chapter XI- In his arms

(TW: S*lf h*rm, read at your own leisure)

"How could I hate you. I fell in love with you after all."

I stared at him in disbelief, I expected him to say something but that's not what I thought he'd say of all things.

Still crying I spurt out, "You p-probably already knew, I feel the same."

He pulled away to where he was still holding my arms. I was still teary eyed from all that happened at once. My emotions were in a jumble and Shuichi was just looking at me with a small smile. 

"I'm sorry, that probably wasn't the moment to tell you tha-" Shuichi got cut off by me pulling him into a kiss by his sweater. I didn't know what I was doing but it felt right. 

We sat like that for a minute or so before I pulled away. I rested my head on his shoulder. "Why should you be sorry? You were just revealing the truth, like you always do. And I-" I paused to look him in the eyes. "I love you for it Shumai!"

He wrapped his arms around me into a tight embrace, "I love you too Kokichi."

After a few seconds, I had to speak up. "Uh- Shumai. I hate to ruin the moment but I can't breath."

He let go of me, "Sorry Kokichi! I didn't realize I was-"

I kissed him on the cheek, "It's okay Shumai!"

He chuckled, "If you say so. Will you be able to get back to sleep?"

"Hmmm, maybe?"

"That's not an answer, but if you don't feel like going back to sleep yet then I could give you a haircut. If you want one that is-"

Excited, I didn't even let him finish his sentence, "You'd do that! That'd be amazing!"

I hopped out of the covers and Shuichi and I went down to the kitchen. The clock in there read: 12:16 am. Shuichi grabbed a chair, a pair of hair scissors, and two towels. He put a towel under the chair, had me sit down, lifted my hair and put the second towel over me.

He started cutting my hair, "I'm guessing you want something like you had in vr or?"

"No I want a bowl cut."

"Not happening-"

"I was kidding! Yeah, I want the cut my avatar had."

We were in silence with the exception of the sound of the scissors cutting my hair. It was oddly comforting in a way. I'm sure, even though I couldn't see him, Shuichi felt the same way.

"Finished." Shuichi set the scissors on the counter next to us. 

I perked up and walked over to the window to look at my reflection. It looked exactly like it did three years ago. "You did terrible!" I frowned. 

"I-I did?"

"Nope! It turned out great! Thank you Shuichi!" I've been thanking a bunch lately.

"You had me worried for a second," he let out a sigh of relief.

I yawned, "I think I'm ready to go to bed now."

"Okay, I should get to bed too." 

.         .         .

"Do you wanna sleep together?"

"Oh- I see, you naughty boy!"

"Gah! No, I meant like sleep in the same bed or something!"

I sigh, "Ahh, I was wrong! That sucks. But okay! I'd love too!" Even though I was teasing him, I knew my cheeks were flushed and so were his.

We walked up the stairs in a somewhat awkward silence. I followed Shuichi and we went into the guest room, it made me curious why he didn't want to sleep in his room but I didn't ask. We both got under the covers and laid there still in this awkward silence. I soon slipped into sleep, even though I didn't want to. I didn't want another nightmare-