Chapter XXXVII- Kaede's BIG Speech

Monokuma disappeared behind a puff of smoke like one of Himiko's magic tricks. Some of the others looked at their room keys which most of them had on hand.

I watched as they fumbled with them, as people exchanged glances. I already knew who I'd be giving mine too, plus I didn't really need a key with my lock picking skill. I didn't even bring my key with me, just my lock picking kit.

About seven people left to go to their rooms. If I remembered all their names correctly, it was Eiko, Sachio, Kokoro, Gonta, Rantaro, Naoko, and Keeboi.

Shuichi slipped his key into my hand and I placed it in my pocket with my lock picking kit. He seemed unsettled, which seems right. We were just given a motive to kill but I wondered how spare keys would play a role in a murder. Obviously people would only give their spare to someone they trusted but Monokuma did say whomever was given the key could give it to anyone without telling the original owner. 

This should be interesting..

I wasn't going to give anyone Shuichi's spare key, and I didn't think he'd give someone mine either.

Throughout the day, I watched people and could guess who had who's spare and who didn't have any keys. I had seen Miu give Kaede her spare, and I had guessed she also had Rantaro's which did seem like what he'd do.

I gave Shuichi my spare key but left my other key in my room using the spare to lock it then gave it back to Shuichi.

I pondered, "Hey Shuichi, how do you think the others will use this motive?"

We were walking in the halls of the dormitory. "Not sure, but I'd rather not think that one of us could die again. I may not know them well, however we've all been in a game before and if nothing happens, maybe they'll let us out." I knew they wouldn't, it's not that simple but I couldn't crush Shuichi's hope entirely.

"Maybe, but we don't know these people Shumai!" I smiled sinisterly, "Who knows what they're capable of."  It may not have been the best thing to say but it was the truth. It didn't make Shuichi appear any happier but finding joy in such a dreary circumstance might have seemed impossible to him. I never asked, so I'll never know. I tugged on his sleeve, "Would hiding our keys make you feel better about it?" 

He held his chin to think, "I'm not so sure. Besides, how would we get in our rooms?"

I chuckled, "I can pick our locks Shumai! How could you forget that?"

He sighed but agreed to hide our keys so we went back to my room and grabbed my other key then went to Shuichi's room. He wanted to cautious in case someone was listening so they wouldn't know where we hid our keys. We hid them between some towels that were stacked up since we doubted some one would look there if they managed to get into the room.

By the time we were done, it was about 4 in the afternoon. At least that's what Shuichi estimated. Shuichi decided we should go eat some dinner so we ventured down to the cafeteria to make some.

When we arrived, it looked like almost everyone, except for Keeboi, was there and Kaede had a megaphone. I guess she'd planned a meeting or something, but where'd she get the megaphone? I hadn't checked the school map so I wasn't sure if there was a warehouse like in our game or a storage place.

It also smelled like someone was already cooking.

"Hey Kaede," Shuichi greeted her.

She waved, "Hey Shuichi!"

"Why do you have a megaphone?" He asked.

"Oh right, everyone's so spread out in their own little groups so I thought maybe we could talk about the motive. The megaphone is to get everyone's attention once they get here," She explained.