Chapter XIX- Date (Part 2/2)

I could see the ferris wheel so much better now! I wasn't much higher than before but I still was higher and my excitement was building. The music helped build it too, I was so eager to ride it. I wanted to ride it at sunset, we'd get the best view especially since Shuichi mentioned that the fair grounds were off a pier. We'd be able to get a great view of the water and the city lights. I could also see the small silhouettes of people riding in the cages hindging off the wheel.

Shuichi and I arrived at the ticket gate sooner than I realized, being too distracted by staring at the wheel. I got off of Shuichi's back and grabbed out my wallet to pay for my own ticket but Shuichi made sure I didn't pay anything. I felt guilty since I hadn't paid for anything that day, and he wouldn't let me!

"What ride should we try first Shumai?"

"Wh-which ever on-one you want," he stuttered. I still think it's cute.

I took a look-see around and spotted a straight fall. I pointed at it, "What about that one!"

He shivered, "It looks pretty high."

"Are you afraid of heights?" I teased.

He blushed. "Y-yes."

I tugged on his sleeve, "Only way to get past it is to face it!"

"Kokichi!" We got into the back of the quickly moving line. 

Shuichi looked up at the ride and squeezed my hand. "Don't worry Shumai! It'll be fun I promise. Squeeze my hand as much as you please!"

"Uh- thanks Kokichi," He sincerely said.

I joked, "Of course Shuichi! Scaredy cat!"

"That's just unfair!"

"But you looove me!" 

His eyes were gleaming, "Yes, yes I do." 

Heat rushed to my face, and I tried to play it off. "Of course you do! Who wouldn't love me? I am the ultimate supreme leader!"

"That is true," he smiled.

Once at the front, we took our seats next to each other on the ride. Shuichi squeezed my hand tightly as the chairs started going upward. I squeezed his hand back trying to reassure him that it would be alright. When it reached the top, I could see the café we'd been to earlier. Only for a split second but it was amazing.

Shuichi squeezed the living hell out of my hand, I swear I could feel my bones cracking and he had a terrified look on his face that disappeared once we got to the bottom. We got off the seats and exited the ride to take a seat on a nearby bench.

Shuichi was a little shaky, maybe that's down playing it. 

"Sorry Shuichi, I didn't think you would freak out this badly," I half-apologized.

Shuichi stopped shaking, "You were right, it was fun. I'm glad you pushed me to ride it."

Here I was trying to comfort him, but he tries to make me feel better instead. "You're the best Shumai!" His face reddened.

"Ah-I-I gotta use the restroom." He headed off to a small giftshop and I followed. He glanced at something on the shelves before going to the restrooms.

He had looked at a photo booth they had in the store. Does he want to take photos together? Well I do too so I can pay for something this time, instead of feeling like I'm leeching off of Shuichi.

Once he came out of the bathroom, I grabbed him by the arm and dragged him into the photo booth then stuck the proper amount of money in the slot.

"Let's take some pictures Shumai!"