Chapter 55- Stings

(I'm not using roman numerals anymore, they've gotten too long.)

"I offered, remember that." I could hear footsteps get farther and farther down the hall as I leaned my back against the door.

Letting out a heavy breath, I slid down the door to be sitting. My arm stung, felt sort of numb too. That wasn't good but I couldn't do anything about it. Probably should have taken that offer, maybe things would've turned out different if I had.

I picked myself up off the floor and left my room. There would be new places to explore after all.

I went to the elevator bumping into someone on the way. Naoko. "Have you thought about my deal or whatever ya call it?"

"I have, seems like it could be interesting. But how can I rely on you, I don't know anything about you?" I questioned.

He nodded, "That's fair. Guess you'll just have to make up your mind. You should know enough." Just then the elevator opened and we got on, the 3 button light working then.

I pressed it and the elevator brought us down the floors. "Fine," I pouted, "I'll take your deal. On one condition though."

He raised a brow, "Which is?"

"Only kill if there's few people left or if the motive includes keeping someone else alive." Even if people hated me, they didn't deserve to die.

He hesitated to answer. "I can't promise that. But I'll let you know if I kill someone, does that seem fair?"

"If one of us doesn't die first, sure!" I shook hands as the doors opened.

He sped off. Not saying another word to me. There were three new doors. Two to the right, one to the left.

I could hear Kokoro and Aimi behind the first door to my right. I wondered what they were talking about as well as what new room was there. I whisked the door open to see a library.

Aimi and Kokoro were talking about their favorite things to read from what I could tell. They didn't even notice I was there. So the only logical thing to do was jump them.

I snuck around the shelves to where I could hear their voices better until I was at the shelf right next to them.

"BAH!" I jumped out. Kokoro jumped and Aimi fell backward from where she'd been crouching. "Nishishi~"

"That was pretty rude, this is a library," Kokoro commented.

I shrugged, "Are you the librarian then?"

She had a displeased look on her face, "Ghh."

"Please don't jump us like that," Aimi pitched in.

I smirked, "Awe look the little baby is speaking for the first time." Honestly Aimi annoyed me. She never stood up for herself and barely had anything to contribute in class trials.

Kokoro crossed her arms, "Leave her alone Kokichi. We just want to get some books to read in peace if you don't mind."

"Yeah well, I wanna get some books too!" I lied. I really just wanted a distraction from everything. Damn it.

Aimi looked up at me, "Then pick something in-instead of being loud. I-it's annoying."

"You're annoying," I muttered in a pouty voice. I sat next to Aimi and looked at what was on the shelf.

It was some mystery novels, maybe Shuichi would be interested in- I stopped. No, I couldn't. But maybe. I grabbed two novels off the shelf and stood up to leave.

"Well I'm out! Don't miss me too much!"

"We won't miss you at all," Kokoro muttered.

I placed the books behind a plant since I didn't want to carry them while I looked at the other places around. The door across the hall is the one I went to next.