Chapter XXX- Truth Bullet

(TW: Mentions of su*c*de and ab*se)

Without knowing, I had fallen asleep on top of Shuichi after finishing my tea and watching some mindless television. I had had an odd dream though, not the normal depressing ones, kind of like the feeling of those flashback light things.

I stood inside a gym talking to a camera, before I had gone in, there was a line I had to wait through. The dream was like static, fuzzy, maybe blurred out, as if I was trying to hide whatever it is behind a wall. I could pick out bits and pieces but it didn't make sense. While I like the unknown, my memories do have the truth in them. I have to know the truth so I can spin a lie with the truth lying as a back bone.

I could see other people, they looked like Shuichi, Kaito and one of them even looked like Kaede. The only words I could grasp weren't even my own, they were Shuichi's.

"I will come up with the best, most gruesome murders, I promise! Everyone will love it!" I must've heard him wrong. Shuichi wouldn't say something like that. It's not like him at all.

The dream continued, Shuichi and I left together, were we close before? This is weird. I stole Shuichi's hat and ran off. The weirdest thing was Kaede and Kaito followed behind us until we entered a building that seemed familiar...

THE MEMORY FROM THE ABYSS! Right before- just as I thought that, the building started rumbling. 

I thought Kaede was brought into the hospital after the earthquake with someone else, the nurses' said Kaito Shuichi and I were brought in together but nothing about Kaede... Interesting..

While pieces of the ceiling fell apart, Kaito, Shuichi and I ran for where ever Kaede was, she wasn't there. 

After that, I ended up tripping and the world faded away into black.

Soon after I heard distant voices echoing out me. The voices I recognized as those of my foster mom and foster father.

"HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN?" She shrilled. "He was supposed to be at school! We can't afford this!"

"Calm down," my foster father tried to calm her.

The doctor spoke in a reassuring voice, "No worries ma'am, He'll be okay-"

She interrupted, "We don't have the money to pay for this! How is it going to be okay?" Referring to me as an 'it' now? Wait you mean your money.

"Ma'am it will paid for by your insurance. As for how it happened, according to some of his teachers, he and some other students just walked out of the room. There wasn't an explanation, and none of them can remember it."

Yea sure she couldn't pay for it, especially with all that government funding for her eight foster kids.. This just reminds me of how lucky I am to be out of that house. Oh lucid dreaming, how great you are.

She faked this shaky almost sad tone, "H-how long wi-will he be a-asleep for?"

"Not sure, his brain activity isn't deducing so he should be fine. Although it doesn't seem like he'll wake up soon, listen. We have an experimental machine that might help, since this is experimental, we'll pay you to run tests, it may help him to wake up sooner." So this is how the virtual thing was brought up to him.

"I-if you think- it'it'll hh-help," she sniffled and hiccupped. How annoying can she be? Faking everything, like she ever cared about my well being in the first place! As far as I'm concerned, this experimental shit didn't help at all!

I opened my eyes to wake up to laying on Shuichi's chest, a smile was wide across my face. He was warm, just as he had been before, it was comforting but I couldn't shake what I heard him say in that dream. 'Come up with the best, most gruesome murders,' even though I doubt the soft boy Shuichi could kill someone, it was a scary thought.