Chapter XXXXVIII- Dolly

(Kokichi POV)

"Make sure he's okay and then leave to go to his sidekick!" I responded.

Eiko looked at me, obviously confused, "Since when was there a sidekick?"

"I don't know, but every good protagonist has a sidekick!"

He sighed, "Okay, what should the sidekick be like?"

He actually is putting it in! Yes! "Not sure, just make him like you."

"Are you saying I'm your sidekick?"

I chuckled, "nishishi~ maybe."

"Not cool." He giggled.

Sachio stepped in the room. "Shuichi was just outside."

Out of all the things to say, that's the least expected thing I'd thought I'd hear.

"So he's not going to join us then?" Eiko asked.

She shrugged, "said he was tired."

"We have coffee but okay, his decision I guess."

I was curious, "So why'd you ask Shum-Shuichi to come over here?"

"I'm not super sure, he seemed lonely. So I thought we have coffee and Angie hangs out here in the morning so it would just be us three. Why not?"

I hope he's okay, I thought to myself. Whatever, I just need to survive, I quickly dismissed it.

He paused, glanced at me then the floor. "Plus, you seem like you need it. I know you two had a relationship before so I had thought-"

"That it'd be nice for you two to interact or something, that's what you were going to say right Eiko?" Sachio finished for him. He nodded.

"Nope! We're just acquaintances!" I semi-lied. We were kind of acquaintances then but also not really. Relationships really can get complex sometimes. "Nishishi~"

He gave a questioning look before changing topics for the day. Little did we know, someone was listening in...

...

"Be back tomorrow!" I shouted as I went to leave the room.

Eiko muttered, "Yeah, I think I can finish it by then."

I smiled and left, a few seconds after the ten pm announcement sounded. I went back to my room for the night to drift off into a nightmare.

Still think this is gonna last? This so-called 'peace' or 'happiness'? You're just fooling yourself. My own voice echoed amongst the dark void.

Let me fool myself a little longer. That's my best quality after all..

You're right, faker. You're gonna lose it all, so why put in all the effort?

Some things are just worth it but I find that hard to do sometimes.

Right.. So why try? If what seemed worth it wasn't?

What're you talking about-

Shuichi was worth it but he left you. Would you say leaving that abusive home was worth it if you knew you'd be tossed in this hell-hole?

I don't-

Don't what? Care? Bull shit. You know it would have been better to stay put, if you had just hung up on him that night you wouldn't be going through all this. Failure. Can't even kill yourself properly.

I-... I.. I guess you're right. 

I've told you before, I've never been wrong. This isn't an exception. Laughing bellowed across the stretch of the dark void.