Chapter XXXXIII- Holiday

I woke up in bed. But it wasn't the one from the school, it was my bed. I was back home. What about Kaito? A-and Maki? I grabbed my phone off my nightstand. The date was December 25, Christmas? It was August last I remembered.

There were texts in a group chat I'd made with Kokichi, Kaito, and Maki. 'Merry Christmas!' Kaito sent. 'You as well' Maki had replied.

There was a knock on my door. A certain purple haired boy popping his head into my room. "Merry Christmas Shumai!" I moved so quickly to wrap my arms around him. I'd thought I'd let him go in my dream, but it was a dream right? "You're awfully clingy today!"

"S-sorry," I backed off.

He grabbed me by the wrist, "Come on! We gotta prep dinner, Kaito and Maki are coming over 'member?"

I didn't but I was glad that I'd get to see them again after such a scary dream. I tried my best not to think about it as I basted a ham and put it in the oven. Kokichi was cutting vegetables.

"Hey, you're not supposed to be in the kitchen," I recalled.

He smiled, "I won't tell if you don't!"

He was adorable. I wrapped my arms around his waist from behind as I watched him chop us veggies.

Ring

"I'll get the door." I left Kokichi for a moment and got the door.

It felt unreal, to see them again. Almost too good to be true.

"Hey Sidekick!" Kaito shouted.

Maki smiled slightly, "Hi Shuichi."

Before I knew it, tears were sliding down my face.

"S-sorry," I apologized.

"Don't cry Shuichi! Did I do something wrong??" I chuckled a bit.

"Idiot. Merry Christmas Shuichi," Maki changed the subject.

"Y-yeah, you too. C-come in, Kokichi and I are cooking right now." I ushered them inside, out of the cold.

"Where do we set these?" He gestured to the gifts he'd been holding that I hadn't noticed up to then.

"You can set them under the tree." He did so and they sat on the couch. "Kokichi!" I called him over. He jollily came over with a tray of veggies in hand. He then set them on the coffee table.

We joined them on the couch.

"Have you been keeping up on your training Shuichi?" Kaito asked.

I chuckled nervously. I hadn't. "Not really, I haven't had the time I guess."

"Then let's train!"

"But it's freezing outside!" Kokichi complained.

Kaito added, "You don't have to come."

"But I go where ever Shumai goes!"

Maki's frustration was showing as her cloud intimidated all of us.

"Okaaaaaaaay," Kaito attempted to change the subject.

Maki, still slightly frustrated, made a suggestion. "How about we watch Krampus." She pulled the dvd from her bag.

"Great idea!" Kokichi snagged it from her. "How about we watch it in the cinema room?" He snickered.

Kaito tried to wiggle his way out of it, "I think I should stay d-down, k-keep an eye on the food, y-ya know?"

"There's a timer for that!" Kokichi smirked.

Maki egged him on, "Your not scared of it right?"