Chapter XXXXVI- Closet Motive

Your lies are becoming more obvious. Shuichi really made you weak, didn't he?

Shut up. Shuichi didn't have anything to do with it.

Oh? Getting mad I see, are you sure? It's getting hard to hide your emotions now, is it not?

I guess, but what does that have to do with this?

Eiko wouldn't have known if you'd lied more. Keep the mystery ya know? But you didn't.. If you keep this up, he'll leave too.

No. No I don't think he will.

And if I'm right, what'll you do then?

We're not even friends, I'd be fine.

I'm not so sure about that. And he knows about you. Don't you think that'll change things? The other me's voice echoed around the pitch black space.

Knows about me?

How you want to die of course. What if he picks up on your-rather our tendencies?

There's no way-

Even so, he's seems to peak your interest so what'll happen if he does discover it?

I'll lie. It's not going to come to that.

Awe how cute, you can try but I don't think it will work.

I'm not searching for your permission.

Suit yourself.

I lurched up from my bed to the sound of the 7am announcement, the annoying bear's voice echoing out of the speakers. I was still tired but I couldn't go back to sleep.

Especially in the case mini-me came back.

I wiggled the door open, peering into the hallway. It wasn't empty unfortunately as people got onto the elevator, probably to get breakfast or something. No sneaking around yet!

I crept back into my room. Wondering what to do while I wait for time to pass. I layed back down on my bed, and pulled out the blanket from underneath it.

That was all that remained of him. Weird how little someone so loud and rambunctious can leave behind. Almost like he didn't exist. Then a thought came.

Sorry Shuichi, I had taken them both away from you.

It wasn't true but I had semi-exposed Maki as the killer.

He'll never see you the same again. Never forgive you... The voice in my head echoed.

"Shut up!" I yelled aloud by accident. I covered my mouth with my hand.

What? But you know it's true. I've never been wrong. He left you, being open with someone caused more pain than it helped didn't it?

..

No witty retort? A shame. Are you finally accepting reality as it is? That would be a shocker.

Screw reality.

You say that but you can't leave it no matter how hard you try.

Not this time.

I set the blanket down and pulled the scissors from earlier out from my back pocket. I pushed myself up from the bed and walked towards the bathroom.

Knocking came at the door.

What did I tell ya?

I stepped towards the door. Maybe if I'm quiet they'll go away.