Chapter XXXIX- Investigation

(Shuichi Pov)

I sat against the wall next to the stairwell trying to calm myself down. Kaito, for the second time. He was dead. This isn't virtual this time, he's gone for some stupid game. Keade was sat next to me trying to calm me enough since we only had a short amount of time.

I went back to the stairwell to look more at the scene while the others were looking at the scene as well. However, Maki wasn't anywhere near the scene. She probably was too upset, I remembered the last time.

Monokuma made an appearance at the top of the stairs, "Oh how tragic, your classmate is dead. Good thing for you the monokuma file is here!" Dings went off around the space from our monopads. Then Monokuma disappeared without a trace as usual.

I took a look at the monokuma file before looking into anything else.

Victim: Kaito Momota, Cause of Death: Punctured lung, External injuries: broken right arm, bruising on arms & legs, chest gash Place of Death: Stairwell

Somethings missing but I can't place what. I put my monopad aside so I could start looking at the scene.

With all my courage, I took a closer look at Kaito's body. I could spot the chest gash but the item that made it didn't seem nearby. His arm was twisted around which made sense since he had a broken arm, but how had he gotten it?

"Hey Pooichi!" Miu called down from the banister at the top of the stairs.

"What did you find?"

She grabbed something out of her pocket, "I found this by in my closet this morning." She handed me a key which I was cautious to take, knowing Miu that is. 

But the key wasn't hers, the tag had Kaito's name on it.

"Did he give you this?"

"You think he'd trust me with that kind of sh*t?" She had a point. But how had it gotten there then?

I had one other question for her. "Who did you give your key to?"

"Oh, miss flat chest over there." She pointed at Keade who was looking at the stairs with Kokichi.

I approached her and tapped on her shoulder.

She looked up at me, "Oh Shuichi! I was actually going to call you over I found something!"

"I found it! Don't believe her Shuichi," Kokichi chimed in.

"What is it?"

Keade starts, "It's some-"

"Broken string," Kokichi finished. Keade was obviously ticked by his interruption but held it up.

I took the string in my hand to look closer at it. "That is strange, it looks like thread." >Broken thread< Seems important. "But Keade, I need to ask you something."

"Sure, what is it?"

"Well Miu gave you her key, I was wondering if you might have given it to someone?"

She nodded, "Yeah, I gave it to Kiibo. Having more than one key that isn't mine is a bit overwhelming."

>Keade's account<

"Oh so that's why Keebo was searching the hall yesterday!" Kokichi commented.

I turned my head towards him. "What?"

He continued, "He was inspecting the hall for something, he didn't tell me what it was but they seemed desperate to find it."

Guess I needed to look for Kiibo then, I looked around until I spotted him outside Miu's dorm with Miu.