Chapter XVIII- Moving In

The first to speak up was Shuichi's uncle.

"Nice to meet you Kokichi! I've heard some stuff from Shuichi about you," he said jolly. I don't know much about him besides him being a bad detective.

"What kind of stuff?" I wonder what Shuichi tells people about me...

I could see his uncle smirk in the mirror, "Oh just that you're cocky and immature."

So Shuichi has already ruined my first impression. "Well maybe part of that's true, but why'd you tell him that Shumai!" I shook Shuichi by his shoulders.

"Shumai?" His uncle questioned.

"So-or-rry Ko-ki-ichi. Co-oul-ld you st-op sh-a-king me n-now?" I stopped shaking him. 

Shuichi's uncle cleared his throat, "What's with the nickname?"

"Oh- Shuichi crushed a spider that I named mai with a shoe," I made up a false story.

His uncle laughed a deep laugh, "Is that true?"

"No he's lying," Shuichi whispered.

The car went quiet before his uncle spoke up again.

"So are you two dating?" He's perceptive! Impressive that he figured it out.

Shuichi stammered, "H-how'd you k-know?"

"Shuichi, you've never exactly been in the closet you know. You're terrible at lying as well."

"He really is a bad liar, I knew wasn't the only one who thought so!" I gleefully stated.

His uncle and I laughed while Shuichi blushed all the way back to the house. The car pulled into the driveway and Shuichi and I got out. Even though his uncle was a detective, his car was less than good quality.  The drivers door always locks from the inside so someone has to open it for them. What a sucky door.

Shuichi opened the door partially but only enough that his uncle could open it the rest of the way. 

When we all entered the house, it looked the same as the last time, so dull with all the greys, blacks, and white. It will be my new home, it's soo weird to think of this place as home but it is now.

"You'll be taking the guest bedroom, Shuichi show him where it is," His uncle commanded.

Shuichi nodded, I suppose he didn't tell his uncle about the other day then. Interesting. Now that I think about it, Shuichi's uncle never came home that night. Huh. I hopped up the stairs with my bag in hand all the way up to the bedroom. I set the bag on the bed and jumped onto it, laying down.

"You okay Kokichi? I can help you unpack," he was sincere sounding. I didn't like how serious the atmosphere was, so I wrapped one of my legs around his and he fell onto the bed next to me. "Ko-kokichi!" He shouted while he fell.

"Stop worrying Shumai! I'm fine, but my bag is soooo heavy. You'll have to help me!" I sat up and pretended to not be able to lift the bag. 

He sat up and stared into my eyes, "I wouldn't have it any other way!" He pulled me in by the chin to a kiss. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders wanting it to last for an eternity when his uncle shouted up the stairs.

"Shuichi! I have some groceries in the car, help me unload them!" Damn it, why?

He pulled away from me with a smile planted on his cute face. "I'll be back to help you in a few, okay Kokichi?" I nodded and he left the room. 

The guest room was just as I remembered, the bed was white with black pillows and grey backboard, it had two black end tables, a dresser, a closet and a door I didn't explore last time I'd been there. Better late than never! I opened the door and it wasn't anything special, it was just a bathroom with a tub shower combo and a small toilet with one sink.