Chapter XXXV- Game's Begun

(Shuichi POV)

I peeled open my eyes to very  familiar scenario. A classroom with windows nailed shut and wooden planks blocking any view. Kokichi was asleep next to the door, his back leaning against the frame. Is this another nightmare? Or did we get knocked out in the gym? I checked my pockets, my phone was missing. I still had my wallet but all my cash was missing along with my credit card.

I don't think I'm dreaming this time. I went over to sleeping Kokichi and shook him by the shoulder but he wasn't waking up.

"Kokichi- Kokichi? Kokichi!" Panic rose in my voice. I checked his head for any injuries, there were none thank goodness.

Kokichi grumbled a bit as he started waking up and stretched out his arms, "Shumai? Oh shit. Are you okay Shuichi?" He glanced around the room. I think he put together how much it seemed like my dream. He grasped the door handle and opened the door. "At least we're not locked in here, although if I had to be locked in a room with anyone, it'd be you~" he teased and I could feel my face flush.

"Now's not the time, we have to find the others."

"That's no fun Shuichi!" He pouted. "But fine." We wondered around the halls not spotting anyone, they were probably in the classrooms like we were but I wanted to check the halls first. "Don't you think it's weird we have our memories? I mean last time our memories were very vague and we could only remember our talents plus names."

He was right, that is strange. "Maybe they're trying to use our memories against us in some way, maybe as a motive."

"Shuichi, you can't automatically assume it's a Danganronpa game, I mean we haven't seen that talking bear yet," Kokichi suggested. 

I sighed, "We should start checking the rooms next." Kokichi nodded. "I'll check this side, you check the other."

"Ooookaaay."

The first two rooms I entered were empty as for the third, there was a knocked out Kokoro and Kaede. I kneeled next to Kaede who was laying on the floor by the podium in the front of the classroom.

"Kaede, Kaede- Kaede-" I shook her by the shoulder but it wasn't working. "Uh- there's a piano you can play nearby-"

She shot up like a daisy. "A piano! Where?"

"Sorry, I had to wake you up somehow. I think we've been thrown into another game, we need to wake up Kokoro as well. She knows the most about this school," I told her.

Kaede approached Kokoro's sleeping form. Then proceeded to tickle her, "Waake up Kokoro!" It worked to say the least. Turns out Kokoro is super ticklish, I wonder how Kaede knew or maybe she just took a shot in the dark.

I told them I was going to search some of the other rooms and they insisted on coming with.

"I am your upperclassmen remember? What good would it be if I left you alone?" Kokoro stated.

We went into room after room, we eventually found a room with Rantaro and Gonta that Kaede stayed in to wake them up. Kokoro stayed in the next room we found that had Miu and guy with scruffy chestnut hair with a doll in his lap. 

I couldn't find any other rooms with people inside and walked to the side Kokichi was exploring. I spotted him wandering around the hall.

"Kokichi!" I shouted.

He turned around, "Hey Shumai! I've already woken everyone up over here, how'd it go on your side?"

"Same there, should we choose a rendezvous point?"

"What about the classroom we started in?" Kokichi suggested.

I nodded, "I'll tell the people on the other side."

I did as I said and the people on my side wandered in a group to the classroom Kokichi and I started in. When we entered, Kokichi was already there with several others.

Not surprisingly, the monitor flickered on to show the black and white bear filling not only me with dread but everyone in the room. We'd thought we'd finally escaped these games.

"Would everyone please gather in the gym," Monokuma's voice came through. 

I was frozen in place, now I know for sure that we're in another game. The fifty fourth game is starting, not again. I don't want to see them die again! Just as I thought that, a hand grips mine. I looked over to Kokichi, wondering how he could have such good timing.

Kaede stood on top of a desk, "I know this doesn't seem great but we have to know the rules of this game so we don't break them by mistake. We will get out of here, maybe not just yet, but we've got to get to the gym first."

Her pep talk seemed to work well and everyone walked together to the gym as a large crowd.

We made it to the gym and there was no grand entrance of Monokuma. He just stood on the stage waiting for us.

Kokichi got close to the stage, what is he doing? I thought. "Hiya Monokuma! I find it strange that you didn't make some grand entrance, what's up with that?"

"Nyahaha! You always catch on so quickly, since I've met you all already a grand entrance is pointless. So let's get down to it shall we?" 

A girl in a leotard shouted at the stage, "We already participated in your game and survived! What's the point of putting us through this again?"

"Whaaaat? You don't remember? You're supposed to play a second game if you survive riiiight? And what's a better place than a place made for you survivors?" Monokuma made us remember.

Maki stepped forward, "Then why is Rantaro here?"

Monokuma sighed, "Collateral damage, we have to have sixteen players and he was in your group. Rather unfortunate, poor guy."

"That's ridiculous!" The leotard girl shouted. 

She then stormed up to the stage, another girl in fitness gear tried to stop her, "Emiko- don't! You remember the rules right?"

Emiko didn't listen and threw a shoe at Monokuma but thankfully missed.

"Lucky you missed, if you hi-" She threw her other shoe which landed a hit. "Violence against headmaster Monokuma is strictly prohibited. Violation of the school rules results in elimination."

"I survived the 47th game all alone, I won't be dying here!" She shrilled. Red dots concentrated on her.

I shouted, "EVERYONE DOWN!" As gunfire let out, every bullet hitting her. Eventually the shots wrung out and her corpse fell to the gym floor.

"If she hadn't thrown that shoe," Monokuma made a clicking sound. "Too bad, who knows what could've happened with the ultimate trapeze. I wonder what kind of murder she would've come up this time."

I guess she was a blackened in her game and won.. The girl in fitness gear ran to Emiko's body and sat there crying. I know that dread pretty well and that's why we have to find a way out this time.

Kokoro spoke up, "We're in a school, there isn't some war going on outside. They'll get us out of here, what's your plan then?"

"Puhuhuhuhuhuhuhu! You should know by now you can't rely on the outside world to get you out! Besides, they've been.. compromised. You'll have to play the game to graduate if you want to leave that is. You all know the drill, your monopads are by the gym entrance. You can access your dorms with your keys and as your familiar with, parts of the school will be only accessible after a class trial has been seen through. Your monopads will have more rules that most of you already know, and with that let's get this show rolling! Nyhahahaha!" Monokuma disappeared as quickly as he'd appeared.

Everyone nervously glanced at each other, while about three of them grab their monopads, one being Kokichi, the guy with the doll, and Miu. Everyone follows their lead and grabs their own. The rules were basically the same as in the previous game. Places off limits at nighttime includes the gym, office, and infirmary. 

Another games just starting, and I'm getting anxious just thinking about what the first motive will be...

...............................................................