Chapter VIII- Caramel Cappuccino

(TW: Abuse, read at your own leisure)

I walked down the stairs to the dining room. The whole household was there, including the two new foster kids I hadn't met. We hadn't done something like this in a long time. It spooked me an entsy bit. I took a seat in the only open seat left at the dining table.

For the first time since I had gotten back, the foster father spoke up. "We are going to be fostering another one of you. Since we've lost the funds from the hospital who was paying us to use the experimental headset thing on the purple haired freak-" saying that to my face? How bold. I guess if they were being paid, it makes more sense why they kept me alive. "We have to have another way to make up those funds. The kids name is Ichika. If you can be out of the house the time they arrive, that'd be a good idea."

"We don't need to deal with any of your bullshit," she stated with an ice cold glare to all nine of us.

None of us dared to speak up except for me, I had dealt with this for four years before getting into a coma. I wasn't going to let her treat us- no me, like this. "So we're just supposed to be okay with being starved and thrown against walls? You're kidding yourself," I chuckled during the last portion. 

Alex elbowed me to stop but I didn't listen to him. I slammed my hands on the table at the same time standing up from my chair,  "None of us are okay with that! You just use us for money, you're disgusting."

All light that could've possibly been in her eyes dispersed, her voice went completely devoid of life, "If we weren't offered that money in the first place, we would've hesitated to pull the plug on you. Consider yourself lucky." I gritted my teeth. Suddenly, my knees gave out. I was told to take it slow by doctors but still, this made me look weak to her.

I slowly stood back up, "That would've been better than this." 

She stomped over to my tiny meek figure, "YOU DARE BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU!" She slapped me across the face. 

"But you don't feed me, YOU DON'T FEED ANY OF US!" I yelled with tears at the edge of eyes from the sudden hit and glaring.

She then pulled me up by my hair and threw me to the ground then stomped on my stomach. I clutched it at the pain. She then walked away from me, not even speaking a word. The other kids eyes were burrowing holes into me as I stood back up. They probably thought I would say something else, but that would only make things worse than they already were.

I soon made my way back up to my room to grab my phone, still feeling my stomach lurching. I felt like I was going to puke, it would just be bile since I hadn't eaten anything yet.

There were a bunch of 'good morning' texts from the group chat but I didn't say anything to them. I didn't want to go back downstairs, so I made my  exit the through the window and grabbed the wallet I had. It still had some money in it, but not as much as I remembered being in there. Figures one of the others took money from it over the years.

I got to the street and I still hadn't decided what I was going to do for the day. I could go into the city... Okay! I'll get a ticket on the subway then maybe eat something? I could go to a café or something.

With that plan in mind, I got a ticket and sat on the cramped subway train. I had gotten lucky though, the seat to my left was empty so I wasn't as cramped. That didn't last long though, on the next stop someone took the empty seat. I didn't look at who it was because I didn't care, until he spoke.

"Oh its you Kokichi! What a coincidence!" Kaito shouted.

I glared at him, "You're being too loud. Why are you even talking to me?"