Chapter XV- The Hospital, Again

(Kokichi POV)

I woke up a few times, seeing blaring red lights, blurred faces, and a red cross like a hospital sign. 

When I came to, I was in a white room like the one I'd woken up in after the game. Was all that stuff with Shuichi a dream? What happened yesterday- oh right. My eyes were barely open, and I laid still staring at the ceiling.

I managed to move my head and noticed the weight on my legs. Shuichi was passed out laying on me and holding my hand. Without even realizing, I felt wet trails down my face. I didn't even know I was crying until I moved my left hand to touch my face.

I laid there for twenty minutes of silence, taking everything in. I survived, how did I survive? How am I alive right now? Who broke the door down?  Was it Shuichi? How long have I been out? Days? Weeks?

Why did I survive? 

I thought I deserved to death. Any place would be better than that hell. But if I died, I would've lost Shuichi if I haven't already.

"Kokichi?" I heard a yawning Shuichi question.

My voice was crackly, "He-hey Shumai."

The instant I said anything, Shuichi stood to his feet and quickly hugged me. I hugged back as much as I could. I felt weak, barely being able to move my limbs.

Shuichi started to cry, I knew because my shirt was damp. "You scared the hell out of me," he whispered. I was going to say something but he didn't let me. "I know it gets hard sometimes, and I'm sorry. I was right there and I couldn't help you. You are going through so much, and I yelled at you knowing that. I'm sorry."

"But it's not-"

"Yes it is! By yelling at you and going against what you wanted, I made you feel alone." While I may have felt alone it's because I let him go not the other way round. I started to ball, not loudly but tears were pouring like cascading waterfalls.

"I-I'm sorry- that I made you worry. I did this! Not you!"

He hugged me while I cried. So many thoughts racing through my head, whirling around like a tornado. I screamed at myself, I hurt him! He thought it was his fault. What have I done? I'm sorry Shuichi. It's not your fault! You had my back and I cast you aside. I'm sorry damn it! My own god damn fault!

During my cries, I didn't notice the three silhouettes standing at the room entrance. The silhouettes of K1 B0, Miu, and Gonta.

"Why Kokichi cry?" Gonta strolled over to beside the bed. I sat up finally seeing the three and Shuichi let go.

"What an odd occurrence, Kokichi crying for real. I'll commit this to my memory bank."

Miu didn't say anything, for once in her life she didn't have a comeback. I wiped the tears from my face and sat up straight.

"I was crying because Shuichi woke me from my nap," I pouted.

"So Kokichi not actually crying?"

Keebo placed his hand on his chin. "It was fake then. Then I will mark the memory as unimportant."

"Fuckin' figures!" Miu shouted.

Shuichi was looking towards the floor, probably because he knew for a fact I was lying to them all. He didn't say it was lie, thankfully.

"Then Gonta glad! Gonta was worried Kokichi was sad! Gonta happy that not case!" Gonta exclaimed. "Then why Kokichi here if Kokichi not sad?"

"I got bonked on the head when I fell down some stairs! What did they tell you happened?" I asked.