Chapter 60- 3 person rule

(Shuichi POV)

The speaker flipped on. "The Investigation period is now over, would everyone please report to the trial room? And make it snappy! You're boring me to death over here!"

I walked with Kiibo to the trial elevator, they'd been helping me investigate. We arrived at the elevator, everyone climbing aboard. Very few seemed sad or disheartened by Naoko's death, more on the fact one of us had done. People were exchanging glances, cautiously as it began to descend. Only thing I could hear was murmuring and the elevator itself.

Once the doors opened, everyone got in their places awaiting the trial to begin.

"Come on! Start already! Jeez you guys are boring," Monokuma complained.

I cleared my throat, "Should we start with the monokuma file?"

"Sounds good," Kaede chimed in. "So Naoko died at 10:36, most of us were trapped on the 17th floor at the time."

"That means our suspect is most likely those who weren't trapped there," Kiibo added.

That meant it was time to confirm alibis I had received from those who weren't upstairs. "Well, Angie and Gonta were the ones who found the body. Kokoro was next to arrive at the scene, then Rantaro came from the library. At least that's the order I heard from Gonta." I exchanged glances with the four.

Rantaro jumped in, "How do you know everyone remained on the dorm floor?"

"The elevator wasn't moving."

"How do you know? There isn't anything that can tell you if its moving on the elevators here," Rantaro objected.

Kokichi contributed, "Simple! I was stuck in it. It wasn't moving."

Kaede added, "Plus Kiibo, Shuichi and Aimi were guarding the elevator. They would've known if someone had come on or gotten off before Kokichi."

"You should've said that earlier." Rantaro seemed mad for some reason but I couldn't pin it. He also was avoiding any eye-contact with Kaede or me weirdly enough.

"Why everyone upstairs anyway? Gonta sort of confused."

Aimi added context, "Ask Kokichi. He was just so bold as to take my phone."

"I was bored! Leave me alone!" He pouted. Cute.. shut up. Focus.

Even though that was his answer, there was probably more to it than that with him. Ulterior motives are sort of what he's known for. I already had come to a conclusion on why he'd steal peoples phones. It was pretty obvious.

I sighed, "Bored huh? Were you going to attempt to steal everyone's phone like with the motive videos?"

He chuckled, "Of course not! Just bored, nothing was going on."

"Yeah right, I heard your conversation with Naoko. You two planned this-"

I was slightly shocked, "You planned this?"

"Nope! Maybe stealing phones but him dying definitely was not the objective! It was- woops, almost spilled too much. I have to keep some mystery!" He stopped himself.

Annoyed glances were shot at the grape boy.

"If this was planned, then that small window where he was in the elevator... it's possible," Sachio started. "Since the file said it was a death on choking, it's definitely possible that he could've done it."

Kiibo added, "The item he choked on was a dumpling so he would've had to go down to the kitchen. He did have enough time to but then there's how he was posed. Would there have been enough time for that?