Chapter 65- Promise me

I tried not to seem too suspicious of him while listening, but it all went in one ear and out the other. I didn't care much for what he said, until he mentioned this.

"I broke up with Kaede, we got in an argument about it when I confronted her on the situation," he started. "It's the most angry I've ever seen her and now she's acting so normal."

I smirked, "A lover's quarrel? How cute! Maybe she just wasn't into the relationship like you were but who's to say." He scratched the back of his head, looking rather conflicted. I turned on my heel, back towards him, "Anywho, I can't keep Shuichi waiting. Bye Rantaro, and thanks for the info!"

I walked towards the cafeteria, thoughts overtaking my mind. Kaede was definitely someone to keep an eye on, however that could've been a one off. But... Something still felt off about it. Shuichi was way to shy anyway, plus I thought he was gay? Maybe he's bi? But I guess it didn't particularly matter at that moment.

I peeked in and watched Shuichi smiling with the group. He still had sad eyes, but at least he was trying. Kaede took notice of me standing in the corner and motioned for me to join. I figured I might as well, plus it would give me some insight to what Rantaro had been talking about.

Taking a seat next to Shuichi, I listened to their conversation. All the remaining people sat at the table, excluding Rantaro of course. They talked about the food Aimi had managed to make somehow. Though Kokoro mentioned how many of dishes were broken, laughing it off in the moment.

I didn't eat anything since I wasn't hungry but Shuichi looked at me with a glint of concern in his eyes. My own eyes were quite heavy and I had been nodding off the entire time I'd been there. Shuichi and Kaede exchanged glances.

She cleared her throat, "Alright, I think it's best if everyone heads back to their dorms for the night. It is late after all." One by one, people got up from their seats, yawning and waving before they exited.

Besides Shuichi and I, Kaede was the last to leave. My head swayed back and fourth, clearly I was exhausted. I vaguely remember him grabbing my hand and pulling me up the 17 flights of stairs. Stupid monokuma, taking away the elevator.

Once up, Shuichi opened the door to my dorm room and guided me to the bed. Which I, happily, flopped onto. He tucked me in like I was a child before starting to walk away. I grabbed him by the wrist.

"Stay!" I groggily remarked. He smiled and sat next to my tired form on the bed. He held my hand while I drifted to sleep.

I knew what was coming, more nightmares but what would it be this time? A familiar scene popped up. The same one from my previous dream, Shuichi in a hospital bed. I wept there. Don't die on me.

Hypocrite.

Shut it.

Wouldn't it have been better if you'd just died?

You say that every night. Like if I were dead sure, good for me but he'd still be here! You have no new angle to get on me.

If you'd just stayed alone, you wouldn't have to worry about this. She would've been your end instead of this pathetic place.

He would still be here.

Maybe he wouldn't, he wouldn't have had to protect you. You directly caused this.

Stop. I didn't-

Yeah sure, believe what you want. All you cause is pain, suffering, misery, and torment. Like always.

I-

Don't make excuses. People have died because of you. People have died FOR you. They shouldn't have wasted their time on you.