Chapter IV- Celebration (Part 1/2)

I stretch my arms out to the same plain boring hospital room. I was permitted to leave the hospital today for a few hours to cut my purple hair. It had gotten waay too long. It was sure fun to mess with though, I'd never had hair this long before!

I would be leaving the hospital soon, all the others had been discharged by this point. Not many of them visited me. The exceptions were Gonta, Miu, Keboi, and Shuichi as well as one of my foster siblings. 

My foster sibling's name was Alex, he came to tell what happened at home during my three comatose years. I had seven other foster siblings as far as I could remember. The two eldest had gotten old enough to be booted out of the house, and my foster parents adopted two more kids to mooch off the government funds.

"What happened to DICE?" I asked.

He scratched the back of his head before answering, "Rika wants to tell you. Here-" He took out the phone I used to use, you know before I got into a coma, from a backpack that'd been in my room for awhile and put a number in it. "She wants to meet up with you after you get out of the hospital." I wonder why she doesn't want to visit me here? Weird. Alex left soon after that.

When Keboi and Miu would visit, I wanted to ask why. I did plot Miu's murder after all. I wondered the same when Gonta would come by, he did take the fall for a murder I plotted to ensure my plan. So why weren't they mad? It was mind-boggling! I thought they'd at least shout at me or something! But no reaction or outburst at all? How boring!

Shuichi visited often, but he didn't spend as much time with me as he did questioning the hospital staff. He is a detective, even after the killing game.

Even though it was my last day at the hospital, no one visited me. Figured as much, most of them hated me anyway. My plans for when I got out of the hell hole, meet up with DICE and that was all I planned if I were to survive the killing game. Now I'll add 'get a haircut' to the list. Maybe I'll go back to school? Who knows at this point, but summer is almost over.

What to do with my last day? Glad you asked! You're so considerate! Nishishi~

The day before, I set up quite a few pranks around the hospital. If it's my last day, it has to memorable! They were all set to go off at 3:30 pm, the exact time I would be outside to leave. I had a pipe set with a water valve and stuff set up above doors. I also replaced the pens in the ward with shocker pens, as well as my nurse, who liked to chew gum, I replaced with a shocking piece. I also set up a blaring alarm to go off at the specified time! It was going to be hysterical!

"There's a car parked outside for you," my nurse mentioned. A car? I thought I'd be walking. All this time and I thought  my foster parents didn't care. Guess I was wrong, that doesn't happen often!

It was 3:25, I had to get outside within five minutes. Welp, guess I gotta hurry! I grabbed the backpack, got into my normal white clothes, which still fit me, sped walk out the building, and was outside at 3:29. 

"Have a good day!" She pulled out her pen to write on her clipboard. The same time she clicked the pen the alarm went off whist several splashing sounds could be heard and I could see her jump from the shock of the pen.

"See you later doc!" I ran off, jumping into the car. As it drove off, I could tell the nurse knew I did this. I laughed and waved out the back window. 

The car wasn't very nice, as expected. It was a yellow taxi, the seats were uncomfortable and the windows were fogged up with several scratches. The driver was already driving, I guessed he was already given directions to the house of many screaming children. What I didn't expect was for him to pass my neighborhood, I figured where ever we were going would be better than there so I just sat in the back seat and pulled out my phone.