Chapter 62- Grieving is Normal

(Kokichi POV)

I ran and got on the elevator as fast as I could clicking the button. It went up and I let out a breath I'd been holding. It was so tense during the trial, I wanted to go as soon as possible. Zip outta there.

I went to my dorm room and locked it behind me. I went over to my end table to look at what I had put inside in case of my death that was. Letters to everyone in DICE, one to my father, one to Shuichi's uncle, a few to my foster siblings, and one to Shuichi. I remember what I wrote in it:

Apologies for dying. Though I probably couldn't help it. It was scary to think I was gone, most likely not of my own free will this time. I wonder what the afterlife is like, I thought I was there after the last game but that was just a virtual simulation. I wonder how I felt, relieved? Scared? Unsatisfied?

The next piece I added after I got my motive.

At least I'll be with my crew, right? If they're all dead, I'll see them again... But if I see you there before you're a grandpa, I'll be mad.

I know you'll miss me desperately! Keep living, no matter what happens. Call me selfish, and if you ever need to blame someone for my death or anything, blame me. They're motive was probably pretty bad, so don't be too harsh Shumai!

Goodbye then nishishi~

Kokichi.

How awful that sounded but I left it as is, just a precaution. Then there was the goodbye letter, I didn't look at it and just tossed my phone in the drawer. I hoped they weren't dead. Probably something misleading like with Angie's. That had to be what Monokuma was doing. Just manipulating the facts to get what it wants.

Flumph, I fell on my pillows. It was exhausting, the entire day. I got close to them, they died. That seemed to happen to everyone. I was only being proven right again, and again. My mother, DICE, Eiko, Miu, even someone I was barely close to, Naoko. Got to keep my distance, I thought to myself.

Knock knock

Someone was at the door. I didn't want to open the door, plus they couldn't get in as I had both of my keys. But I was wrong.

The knob turned and a familiar face greeted me which did not surprise me. Did he learn to pick a lock though? How else would he have gotten in? He was holding a key, damn it Sachio. She didn't give me my key, she gave me either hers or Eiko's.

"Hey Shuichi!" I waved as he closed and locked the door. He walked over and sat on the edge of the bed.

He looked down, "A-are you planning to try again?" I knew what he meant, but I couldn't give him a straight answer. I didn't feel like I needed to, but the urge to cut doesn't go away so easily.

Though I had to survive the game. That's what drove me, people were waiting for those letters from Naoko. "I can't yet, I've got things to do Shuichi!" I smiled at him.

"Promise me," he held out his pinkie.

I joined it with mine, "Promise!"

He let go with a slight smile. But he hesitated before saying anything else. He fiddled with hands a bit before speaking, "Kokichi. I w-wanted to, apologize. I shouldn't have yelled at you like I did."

"You already apologized remember?" I'm the dick for yelling at you when you did. I wasn't ready, I think I am now. My feelings settled, "I forgive you! Sorry I yelled last time. But still don't think we should get back together, friends though right?" I grabbed my hand buzzer and stretched my hand out to him.

He let out a sigh of seemingly relief, "Okay I understand. I'm just happy you forgave me, I thought you'd be mad forever-R-rR-rR-Rr" There went the buzzer. His head was spinning and he fell over, partially laying on the bed.