Chapter XX- Watching Them & Maki-roll

(Kaito POV hours earlier in the day)

"Since we're done here, we could finish the movie we started the other day," Maki suggested.

I screeched back, "The exorcist? If we're gonna do that t-then we should invite Shuichi!"

"Why? You coward."

"That's just cruel Maki-roll! B-besides the l-luminary of the stars d-doesn't believe in ghosts! I-I believe in sci-science," I defended.

She sighed, "If you want Shuichi to join, he's over there." She pointed to Shuichi walking with a purpled-haired boy. Wait... That's Kokichi! And they're holding hands!

"He's with Kokichi, what do you think they're up to?"

"Don't care."

"I know you care about Shuichi, isn't that right?"

"Shut up. Idiot. If you want to know what they're doing, you could follow them."

That's a good idea! "That's a good idea Maki-roll!"

"Did you forget I'm an assassin, it's part of the job to know how to get the jump on people," she reminded me.

"I totally remembered! You doubt me?" I lied completely forgetting about her talent.

"Do you wanna die?"

"Okay okay! I won't forget again. You want to come with on operation 'spy on Shuichi and Kokichi'?"

"There's nothing I need to know, especially not about him," she sneered.

I sighed, "Well I'm going to follow them, call me if you need to!" I chased after them trying not to be seen along the way. 

They eventually stopped at a cafe and came out a few minutes after carrying drinks. When they finished those, Kokichi got on Shuichi's back and they both started bobbing their heads. Did they have music or something? I was across the street so I couldn't see them super clearly.

Following behind them, they arrived in from of the fair. I didn't even know there was a fair in town, then my phone start buzzing.

"Yello?"

"Are you still following them Kaito?" Maki asked.

"Yeah, I am. They're going into the fair. You wanna meet me here and then we can go on some rides together?" Yes! Finally asked her out.

She sighed, "You want help watching them don't you? If that's it, I'm hanging up."

"No- that's not what I-" the phone beeped. Damn it. Might as well keep following them, I know somethings up. 

I just remembered, wasn't Kokichi in the hospital? What was it for again? Whatever, it doesn't matter. I had to buy a ticket to continue following them, I wasn't planning to spend any money that day but I still had some on me in case, you know, of emergencies.

I continued to follow them, along the way I bought a hat and some silly glasses as a sort of disguise. They got in line for a straight fall ride and I got in the line after a few people got in after them to seem inconspicuous. Shuichi was shaking a lot, and it looked like Kokichi was trying to calm him down, naw. I must be seeing it wrong. No way Kokichi is that nice! Must be an act.

When the line moved up, they both got on. I wasn't able to because I was farther back. Shuichi had a scared look and Kokichi had his usual smile until they both got off. I got on the straight fall, and it was so high!

I could see them from the height, but not very well unfortunately. Once I exited the ride, my legs were jellified and I was a little light headed.