Chapter XXIX- Tea at One Am

(Kokichi POV)

My eyes fluttered open bringing back the memories of yesterday. Shuichi's had to deal with so much death in his life, the death game must have been hell for him. It wasn't a cinch for me to deal with either but I was able to move on faster. He says he's past it, I know he's not. Death of a person isn't something you 'get passed' it something you carry with you. I still remember waking up to ambulances surrounding my house, the paramedics taking my mother out on a gurney. Even thought I was only four, I still remember all the flashing lights and sirens.

But this isn't about me, this is about Shuichi. I have laid my problems on him, and he hasn't asked for anything in return, so I have to be there for him like he was for me. Shuichi was still asleep, he looked like he had cried himself to sleep by the redness surrounding his eyes. I felt guilty since I hadn't been awake to be there for him.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand to check the time getting off of Shuichi to sit upright, it was about one am. Great, waking up in the middle of the night. Guess I should be used to it by now. I opened a chat app on my phone to see if anyone from DICE was on but only Minato was online. From the texts from before, I don't think he'd want to talk to me. He probably considered me practically dead along with Yua and Daichi.

O'well, if he doesn't want to, might as well cut my loses! I sent him a text:

                                                                          Me: Minato!

He replied pretty quickly:

Minato: Kokichi? I thought you had stopped communicating with me completely.

                                                                           Me: Nishishi~ Of course not!                                                                I made plans to meet the others at the secret                                                                                            base later today! 

Minato: What time?

                                                                            Me: Whatever time, we didn't really                                                                  set one

Minato: For being the leader of our group, you're not that organized

                                                                             Me: But of course I am! We're                                                                                          meeting there at noon!

Minato: Oh you were lying...

                                                                              Me: I am a liar

Minato: They should've called you the ultimate liar

                                                                             Me: I'm a great leader though!

Minato: But our group fell apart, a good leader wouldn't let that happen. Two of them DIED, how can you say that when you weren't the leader that you're claiming to be.

I had been telling myself exactly what he blatantly spelled out, but hearing it out loud was a whole different ball game. 

                                                                             Me: I was a good leader, I still can                                                                                 be