Chapter XII- Reunited

When I woke up, Shuichi was still asleep and I didn't want to wake him up by moving too much. I laid mostly still until he squeezed me closer.

"So you were awake!" I whisper-shouted.

He mutters back, "Uh- yeah. Sorry."

It seemed neither of us wanted to move, we were too comfortable. I could've stayed there forever but Shuichi moved to get up. 

"Awww, come on Shumai! You couldn't have waited a little longer?" I grunted.

He sighed, "I have to make breakfast and then I'm going to walk with you to your house." Oh yeah, I have to go back to that hell hole.

He made his way downstairs and I grumpily followed behind him. 

"Do you wanna change?" 

"I don't have any other clothes, your so forgetful Shumai! I didn't plan to stay the night here."

He let out a heavy sigh, "I didn't forget, I asked because I thought you might want to borrow some of my clothes."

My mind shut down in two seconds and my face flushed, "Uh- Yea! I knew that's what you were implying! I just wanted you to say it!"

"Your face says otherwise. My room is at the end of the hall on the second floor to the left, go pick something out."

I went back up the stairs, what a hassle, and to his room. His room was pretty nice, it was very tidy for starters. He had a desk in the left corner of his room and the right was his bed while his closet was right next to the door which was on the left side of the door. The first sweater that caught my eye was a black turtle neck. When I tried it on it the sleeves were too long, but I liked it that way. The hard part would be finding pants that fit since Shuichi is so tall.

I found a pair of shorts that seemed like they wouldn't fit Shuichi but it was probably from pre-comatose when he was shorter than he is now.

I hopped down the stairs to the scent of eggs and bacon.

Shuichi looked at me from the kitchen and burst into laughter. 

"Those shorts are from my last year in elementary!" He laughed and laughed.

"So you've always been the tall child huh Shumai!" His laughing simmered down and he nodded.  Then he passed me a plate with eggs and bacon on it. I gave him my signature smile and used my fork to cut in to the eggs.

After finishing what I could, Shuichi took my plate and washed it along with his own.

He turned off the faucet and shouted to me while I was sitting by the counter on a bar stool, "I have to get changed. I'll be down in a few minutes."

While he was busy, I went into the cinema room to grab my phone and wallet that I had left in there the night before. When I turned it on, there were several texts from her as well as missed calls. Not to mention it was only nine am in the morning.

She started calling again and I knew I had to pick up or she would be more pissed when I got home that day.

I didn't even have the chance to say 'hello' before she was shouting like a t-rex. "WHERE ARE YOU?"

"Doesn't matter, I'll be heading home in a bit."

"YOU BETTER! YOU'RE SOCIAL WORKER IS COMING FOR ONE OF THOSE ANNUAL CHECK THINGS!" She lowered her volume, "If you aren't home today she'll have to take you away from us. You know no other foster family would want you, so get home." She hung up. I shouldn't go home, I should avoid it at all costs but she was right. No other family would want me, if they did I wouldn't have remained in her house for so long.