Chapter 63- You should be dead

When I woke up the next morning, I came to notice I'd fallen asleep on Shuichi's chest. I knew we weren't dating but if I pretended like I was still sleeping maybe I could get away with it, at least that was my thought process. I nuzzled into him and kept pretending to be asleep.

He moved a little but not much, it was nice and quiet in the room. And he was so warm! I did eventually fall asleep again but awoke to the dreadful noise of monokuma's voice.

I groaned and threw a pillow at the monitor and Shuichi wasn't happy bout it either. At least that's what I figured by the groans he let out. Then he realized how "we" fell asleep.Immediately flushing beet red and apologizing profusely.

I was too groggy to reply, so I just stayed where I was. It felt peaceful for once in this game. I was going to enjoy it while it lasted and i drifted back into a dream.

I piered at the room around me. The hospital? How was I back- wait... I'm not the one in the bed this time. Who was I there to see?

I looked up from my chair and spotted it. Shuichi, in the same position I had been in several times before. An IV, cuts up the arms. Fear pulsed through my veins as I watched the slow heart beat on the monitor.

You know how many times you put him through this? It's the same thing.

You've only ever hurt him. Why should you deserve peace with the person you've hurt the most? You looked feeble and weak, was it better when you were treated that way rather than cared about?

Back then you couldn't care less about the people around you, she was just a scummy person. Whenever she pretended to care, she'd later slam your head into the stairwell.

I remembered that night when she grabbed me by the hair after the social worker came by and she threw me down towards the stairs.

A liar is what she was, what you became.

Don't compare me to her.

But you did, didn't you?

"I have 10,000 members"

"I'm the mastermind"

Sure I lied, but only for good reason-

That's probably what she believed too.

I didn't reply. He or the little me I suppose, was right. She just wanted money and we were the easiest way to get it. We made her look like a good person while she was at it. 

Ȳ̷̧̬̰̤̱̜̞̗͕̹̤̂͑̄̂͆̅̕͝ơ̴̢̼͔̻͋͛̂͐̑͛̒̾̂̊̕ȕ̴̧̦̪͚̺͉̰̭͚͙͎̱̪͑́͋͌̾͜͠ͅ ̴̖̬̹̱͉̳̤̺̆̆͌̈́̇͋͠ş̸͉̩̬̟̪̗͙̗̓̓͒̑̎̈́̃̂͋̑̀̐̚͜h̴̡̛͖͈̺̀͌̂̾̀̋́̍̊̕͝͝͝ò̴͎̱͚͔̝͇̦̟͚̇̅̐̋̒̑̀͒̿̈́̔͋̆u̴͓͂͗̂͗͘͠l̴̠͉͚̠̙̜͇͌̐̑͋͗͑̎́͊ḑ̶͇͈̺͙͈̹̭͚̹̻̹̮̭̜̅͗͂̉̋̓̈́̂̚ ̶̨̞̘̠̽̋̑̈̍͑͊̀̐́̌̚͠b̸̨̦̣̲̠̠͚͍̜͓̫̫̙͍͛̈e̸̛̗̬͖̤͑̎̓̍̐̽ͅ ̸̧̧̢̤̬͓̝̬̘͚̈́̌̓̑͌̍͊̓̕ḑ̶̻̼͚̣̭͛̽́͑͆̀̐̐͐̀̂̃͝͝ȩ̶̨̞̫̠̲̩͕̺̗́̔̔͜ͅą̶͔̪̺͊̇ͅḑ̵͇̮͈̠̭̯̳̣̩̯̞̰̤͕̋͛̏͒̌͐̌̔̑͝͝

The scene returned to what it was, Shuichi in the bed. It was right, I didn't deserve the happiness that he brought me when all I'd done was make him worry. I should've died, so long ago. The attempts from before the game, my in-game death and everything after but against all odds I was still alive. I shouldn't have been.

My dream shifted into some cloud-like place. All of DICE standing there, Kaito, Maki, Eiko, Miu, Naoko, Angie and my mother standing there.

"You should've been here way before us-" Yua spoke, flashing between her normal appearance and the way she looked after the crash.