Chapter XXVI- Himiko and Tenko

(Shuichi POV)

We didn't stay on the 17th floor for long after exploring the classrooms. We both wanted to look at the dormitory as well as the cafeteria and the gymnasium. Though Kokichi didn't seem interested but tagged along nonetheless.

The dorms took up half of the twenty floors, and about three of the dorm floors were empty. If I were to guess, our group will be getting an entire floor to ourselves. From what I could tell, each person would get their own room. It eerily reminded me of the dorms from the killing game. The memory sent a shiver down my spine.

Kokichi picked up on my uneasiness, "How about we go to the gym now! I want to know how large it is!" I smiled down at him and he smiled back. He looped his arm through mine, "Off we go then!"

He was skipping as we went down the stairs and I sped walked to keep up with him. We were able to get to the gym in good time, there were several others crammed in the gym looking around. I didn't recognize any of them with the exception of a red bob I could recognize from a mile away.

"Himiko's here," I told Kokichi.

He sarcastically remarked, "Looks like she's with Tenko too. Oh yay, more patronizing towards us."

"Let's go talk to them, you may not be fond of Tenko but it's rude not to say anything."

"It's not if they don't see us!" Kokichi unlinked our arms trying to go out the gym door.

Before he could, they called out to us. "Shuichi!" Himiko called over. Tenko and Himiko both came over to the both of us. 

"Funny seeing you two here!" Tenko exclaimed.

Himiko was looking tired, "Yeah, what're two doing here together anyway?"

"I bet the degenerate tricked Shuichi into coming here with him!" Tenko accused.

"Awwwe!! You're so mean Tenko!" Kokichi cried crocodile tears.

"You don't deserve my respect!" Tenko huffed.

Himiko yawned, "All this arguing is making me tired."

"You weren't even arguing," I mentioned.

Tenko's face turned red with fury, "Don't you degenerates put down Himiko! If you do, I'll use my Neo-aikido on you!" She got into a fighting stance, readying to take either of us on.

"I-I don't want to fight!" I stuttered out.

Kokichi tried ticking Tenko off, "Well too bad Himiko's 'magic' couldn't save us from the death game."

Kokichi started running off, Tenko close behind him through the crammed gym. Himiko had a glum look on her face, probably because of Kokichi's comment.

I tried to cheer her up, "Don't take what Kokichi said seriously, he was only trying to rile up Tenko."

She sighed, "I know. He lies too much to be trustworthy." Those words cut me a little, it saddened me that people didn't trust him. But they haven't seen him in the light I have. "I do wish my magic could've helped get us out sooner though."

"I think everyone feels guilty about not being able to get us out earlier. I think Kokichi feels that way especially."

"Nyeh! I don't get it!"

"He tried to get us out during the fifth trial, but it failed," I explained.

She nodded, "I guess that makes sense. It would be a pain to try so hard only to fail."

I wanted to get off the depressing topic, "How have you been doing since the party? I haven't really seen anyone besides Kaito, Maki, and Kokichi since then."