Chapter X- Trust is Difficult

(TW: Eating Disorder, references to s*lf h*rm, read at your own leisure)

(Kokichi POV)

My eyes fluttered open and I was still in the cinema room. I passed out? Didn't even realize it. I wonder how late it is, if it's too late the bitch will be more pissed than usual. 

Groggily, I pulled myself up off the chairs and grabbed my phone. I hissed at the sudden brightness, it was 7:30 pm from what my phone said. Shit, it's late. I need to get going, why did Shuichi let me sleep? Doesn't matter! I need to get back. 

Opening the door, a pleasant aroma filled my nose. I followed it downstairs, it was from the kitchen of course. It was the smell of burgers!

"Oh, hey Kokichi! I would've woken you up, but you seemed pretty tired," he was smiling again but it was real this time not a fake.

"Those burgers smell good, too bad I have to go." He shot me a confused glance.

Then he looked like he remembered something, "Oh- right. I didn't have the opportunity to tell you. I called your mom and she said you stay the night here. It's too late at night to catch the train anyway."

I let out laughs, "She would NEVER say that! Nice one Shumai!" His expression didn't change. "Oh you're serious. Well I don't know how you did it, but thanks." Weird hearing that word come out of my mouth, 'thanks'. Sounds so strange.

"The burgers are almost done." He turned his back to me to pay attention to the burgers, while I admired his small cute ponytail. He had already got his hair cut, it was no longer long like mine was. Dang I wanna cut it!

"Hey Shumai?"

"Something wrong Kokichi?"

"What could be wrong when I'm with you?" Even though I couldn't see him, I knew his face had flushed like when I had called him beloved earlier. "I just wanted to know where you got your hair cut?"

"O-oh, I cut myself. I would've got it done professionally but my uncle didn't want to waste money on it. I watched a few YouTube videos and got the hang of it- well sort of."

"You did it yourself?" I was in awe. "Wow Shuichi! I didn't know you had it in you!"

"Thanks, I suppose. Here- I just finished them." He passed me a plate with a burger on it. It smelled good, but it looked like another ten pounds. "Are you sure nothings wrong?"

"O-of course not!" I stuttered which clearly alerted him since I didn't stutter often.

He sighed and grabbed a knife. He took my plate back and cut the burger in half then fourths. "Eat as much as you can." How'd he know? I didn't feel like asking. 

Staring at the food I knew I wanted to eat it and my stomach was practically growling but I didn't want to eat any of it at the same time. I was able to finish one of the fourths but I wouldn't be able to eat anymore without barfing.

"You okay Kokichi?" Shuichi asked.

"Of-" I got cut off by the food coming back up. Shuichi hurriedly grabbed a glass and filled it with water and handed it to me. I chugged it down and the food with it. "I'm fine now!" I put the same cheeky smile back on my face. He gave me a small smile and took my plate, throwing the rest of it on the trash. I felt guilty not being able to eat it all.

He did the dishes, his hair still in the tiny ponytail. "We have a guest room, you okay staying in there?" He asked over the running water.

"If I said no, would I stay in your room?" I teased. "Yeah, I'm okay with that!"