Chapter 67- Snark and Games

"Kokichi... You never answered my question." The air felt misty and still, full of tension. He stared, awaiting a reply. I heaved out a breathe and pulled the small box from my pocket.

Setting it on the table, I slid it over to him. Cautiously, he removed the ribbon and popped it open. More tears slid down from his eyes as he looked at the contents.

I didn't like seeing him cry, but since it was the thirtieth time that day I was quite bored of it. No other emotion than sadness, pretty plain if you ask me. I knew it was out of concern for me and all that shit however, I didn't want pity or his worry. I was fine. I was alive. It didn't matter my motive, I wasn't going to kill someone. If I truly wanted someone to die for my own purposes, I would've done it already.

They may have trauma linked to them, but they represented the past. I couldn't kill myself, I wasn't allowed to die. I had things to deliver after the game right? There was no reason for worry or concern, so I was a bit annoyed at it's disgusting presence. Nothing I could do to get rid of it without upsetting him.

Though my slightly *not very slight* angry expression may have given it away. He wiped his eyes and placed the lid back on top, about to speak when the door slammed open.

An agitated Aimi at the entrance. Without batting an eye towards us, she briskly walked to the other end of the room. Followed by multiple thumps. I stood from my chair and moved to a bookcase close to her so I could see what was up. 

Her body was slumped to the floor, on her knees, left fist against the white wall, the other desperately clutching something to her chest, head looking towards the floorboards. There was slight noise outside the thumping of her fists, a murmuring. Making out what she was saying though wasn't easy with how mouse-like it was.

Shuichi was the first to approach, ducking out from behind the bookshelf. He bent down to her small position. I followed behind and could finally piece her muttering together.

"I couldn't do anything. Why couldn't I do anything? Save her, help save the others. Useless," her quiet voice peeked. The item she'd been gripping, I recognized it when I got close. A blue leotard. She aggressively slammed her fists into the wall repeatedly, "Dumbass dumbass DUMBASS!"

Shuichi placed a hand on her shoulder, finally looking up from the ground to make eye-contact with him. Removing her fist from the wall, she slapped his hand off and promptly stood up. She glared at him, whilst he got to his feet. She also took notice of me but whipped her head towards the door.

Shuichi grabbed her shoulder once again, "Hold on a minute!"

Her ponytail flung right back around as she grasped his wrist in her hand. "Leave me alone."

I get close and lean my head in, "That's all everyone has done for you this entire game, it clearly hasn't helped or you wouldn't have been in melt down mode." She threw Shuichi's hand down and crossed her arms.

"Just because people have died now, d-doesn't mean that you c-can't potentially save people in the future," Shuichi attempted to comfort.

Her head tilted down, gaze dropped to the floor in a hushed voice, "Like I'll take advice from someone who'd give up on everyone else at the drop of hat," Her head jerked upward, "I watched your game. And how you almost let it end. Yeah, like I'd listen to you."

She turned sharp, determined walk towards the door. Shuichi didn't seem to know how to respond to her. I didn't understand what she meant but didn't care too much either. She'd gotten to him, so why not try to tear her down a peg as well?

Right as she reached the frame of the door, I sneered, "Here I thought you were some kind of fragile little girl like the one from cartoon bullsh*t. But here you are, a cold-hearted b*tch."