Chapter XXXXII- Breakdown

(Shuichi POV)

"She killed my sister." The trial room went silent.

I didn't expect that. It was personal then.

Kokichi smirked, "So what?" Naoko's face contorted with anger. "She's dead, did it make you feel bweeter?" He spoke in a childish voice. "You wanted Maki dead right? Well she's still alive, pathetic weasel." I looked at Kokichi, did he want Maki dead?

"Like you could have done better! You don't even know the full story!" Naoko shrilled.

Kokichi sneered, "Oh but I do. Are you sure you want me to tell the story though? It is your trap afterall." How could Kokichi already know? 

"Fine," he stated coldly. "Maki came from the room and down the stairs."

Maki interrupted, "Stop it. I-I did it. I killed Kaito."

Naoko scoffed, "damn, steal my glory bitch."

"That's harsh," Keade murmured.

"SHUT IT! YOU'RE THE REASON THIS HAPPENED! He wouldn't be dead if it weren't for you!" Maki cried.

"You. killed. my. sister. She would be alive if it wasn't for you!" He shot back

Maki tried to regain composure, "You think I wanted to? She was the person closest to me, it was a job."

"Doesn't change anything."

I wanted to bud in but it seemed like they had more to say.

"Shuichi, you look like you want to say something," Keade pointed me out.

"Oh all these feelings! Should we skip to voting now? She did confess," Monokuma pushed.

"H-hold on. Maki, if you really did m-murder Kaito, what did you use as a weapon?" She didn't answer. "It would have to be a blade, judging by the look of the wound. But you don't like blades. Right?" I hoped she was lying, I didn't want to lose both my best friends in one fell swoop.

Kokichi chuckled. "What's so funny?" Maki asked. 

"Oh nothing, except for this-" he twirled an item around in his hand, "pocket knife I grabbed off ya Maki."

Maki was quiet.

People exchanging glances, the gloomy mood intensifying.

Angie was the first to speak, "But how did Maki end up stabbing him? Atua tells me that she wouldn't have done it purposefully."

"Simple, I wanted her dead but the feeling was mutual."

"I fought Naoko, but-"

Naoko finished, "Kaito jumped between us taking the blow for me."

Kokichi laughed, "Nishishi~ foolish Kaito, guess he learned nothing the first time." I was disgusted. Kokichi, why bash him still? If not for him, you could be dead yourself right now.

"Shut up Kokichi, and I had thought you were a better person. I was wrong." Kokichi was still smiling, seemingly unfazed by Maki's comment.

Monokuma loudly spoke, "It's voting time! you all were taking waaaay too long!"

"H-hold on- Can I at least summarize it?"

"Eh, go for it kid."

"Okay." I thought through how I wanted to say it all and in what order. When I got it into place, it was time to wrap it up. "This is what happened. Around nighttime the killer went into Kaito's room with him and went to sleep. Around two hours later, Kaito left the room to go on a walk. Kaito then spotted a shadow in the staircase and went to approach it. Kokoro heard a loud noise from the hall which had been Kaito's tumble down the stairs. The killer comes out of Kaito's room and spots the two.