Chapter XXXX- Kaito's Trial (Part 1/2)

(Kokichi POV)

Shuichi squeezed my hand as the elevator descended downward. All a sudden it stops for a split second before it begins to plummet. 

"Hold onto something everyone!" Rantaro yelled. 

I tugged Shuichi over to the bar that was on the outer wall. Almost everyone clutching it as it was the only thing to hold. Except for that idiot girl. She was frozen, unmoving as the elevator shook.

Kokoro pulled on her arm but she wouldn't budge. "Ai-imi! Sn-ap o-out o-of i-i-it!" Aimi stood still. Gonta was reaching out to help but he was too far from her. 

Shit. 

I made sure Shuichi was gripping the bar tightly before I did anything dumb. 

Letting go of the bar, WHAM, I forced all my  weight to knock her down. It worked, she was on her knees but quickly got up and to the bar. I attempted the same but the elevator was plummeting faster now. Every time I tried, the shaking would cause me to fall.

Suddenly, I was grabbed by someone and looked over at them. It was Shuichi and three others. It was a chain of people, Gonta at the back, then Kiibo, then Miu and finally Shuichi. They all worked their way back to the bar. 

I caught my breathe and the elevator finally stopped. Everyone panting. 

Aimi spoke up, "Uh, I don't remember your name but thank you." She gestured to me.

I chuckled, "Nishishi~ Of course." My tone turned sinister, "Can't have you injured, you could have vital info."

The doors opened to the half-white half-black bear.

"Hey everyone! What took ya so long? Oh wait- I know!" He knew that it would happen. Of course. "Nyhahaha! Wasn't that a blast? Well now there's more fun to be had with the class trial!"

The trial room had the same podiums as the ones in 53 but the room itself looked like the first game according to Shuichi. Of course he had done research.

Monokuma hopped up on his red chair and explained how the trials work as the bear does like always. "Now then! Let the juicy trial begin!"

Everyone seemed was glancing at each other, seemingly unsure of what to say.

Maki was the first to pipe up, "So where do we start?"

Sachio, aka glasses girl pitched in, "What about the keys? They're the motive. Figuring out who had who's would be a good space, particularly who had the deceased's key."

"Well that's easy!" I smirked. "The person closet to him!"

Doll boi looked at Maki, "That would be you!"

"That doesn't mean she killed Kaito," Shuichi pushed.

Angie smiled, "But but but that doesn't look to good either! Nyhaha! Atua tells me it's very suspicious."

"It might be suspicious but it doesn't prove anything!" Keade explained. "Back to the point, we still need to know who had who's key not only Kaito's."

"Right," Shuichi agreed.

"Well Gonta has nothing to hide! Gonta had Angie's spare!"

"That's correct!! I also have Gonta's spare!"

Shuichi nodded, "Okay, I know Keade had Rantaro's and gave Miu's spare to Kiibo."

"Yeah but the dumbass lost it!" Miu hissed at Kiibo.

Kiibo defended themself, "But I found it the next day! It's not lost."

"In any case, I have some info that might be helpful. Firstly, I gave my spare to Naoko. However, I also recieved a key," Sachio paused, "from our recently deceased."