Chapter II- Why is he still asleep?

I open my eyes to the white blaring lights of my hospital room once again. I'm not sure if it's sad or not that this is being normal to me. I even have a schedule: Wake up, eat breakfast, visit classmates, do some rehabilitation, eat lunch, visit classmates, get some testing done, eat dinner and then sleep. 

Rantaro got discharged recently and is staying with his family, which is good. He can get back on the hunt for his sisters, not right away obviously but when he's well enough to travel. Keade is going to be discharged tomorrow, which is a shame since she's quite the ball of sunshine. 

In other news, Korekiyo and Angie are awake. They both had such puzzled looks on their faces, which makes sense considering what happened to us. Stumbling across body after body of friend after friend... Himiko had some words with Korekiyo, she was mad, rightfully, that he murdered her two closest friends. Basically, I could hear her from down the hall... Even in a hospital, they're as lively as ever. Keade was even trying to calm Himiko's furry down, it didn't work very well though.

The next day when Keade left, she was smiling and she was excited to play the piano again for the first time in so long. There wasn't even a cloud in the sky, but that didn't make it any less sad when she left, everyone who was awake waved her off. Although we knew we'd see her at least once a week since she'd have to drop by for weekly tests, same as Rantaro had been doing.

                            ~~~~

Days flew by, two weeks were gone in what felt like a second. I was going to be discharged and almost everyone was awake now. I wasn't the only one being discharged that day, Himiko, and Maki were too. Before I left, I knew I had to find out one thing: Why was Kokichi the only one who wasn't awake? The others were able to wake up in chronological order of their deaths, but Kaito was awake so why wasn't Kokichi? It was time for my final investigation of the hospital. One last time before I get discharged.

I was finally able to walk with out to much assistance, thankfully I didn't have to be pushed around in a wheelchair anymore. At least this investigation will go smoother than it did my first few days.

I didn't have to do anymore long hours of rehabilitation so during the time I would usually be doing that, I decided to speak with some of Kokichi's doctors.

I tap on the nurse's shoulder who was checking his vitals, "Excuse me, sir?"

"I'll speak to you in a moment." He quickly jotted some notes on his clip board and turned to face me, "Yes? Is there something you need?"

"I was curious how long Koki- I mean, Mr. Ouma has been asleep for compared to when he got logged off the server?" 

The guy hesitated for a few minutes scratching his chin before responding. "He's been logged off for about a month. I don't see why this is important but there you go." He waltzed out the room, he seemed pretty jolly for working in the coma ward. I noted it down in a notebook along with the information on Kokichi.

I strolled around the hospital since I thought I could find some of the other doctors and nurses since I had seen other employees in his room. I managed to find one of his other nurses and his doctor. I spoke with the nurse first.

"Ma'am?"

"What do you need Mr. Saihara?"

"I wanted to ask you some questions-"

"This again? I already told you what I know about the killing game-"

"That's not what I wanted to ask about." She cocked her head but ushered me to continue. "I was wondering if you know what the other patients were doing whilst logged off the servers?"