Chapter 64- Kaede's kiss

I found it interesting, two new floors? Were we being spoiled or was one of them just waay more boring than the other.

We pressed the button on the panel but the steel box didn't budge. Then, the doors opened to the black and white bear.

"Unfortunately after the last escapade, the elevator cannot be used. So I've graciously opened the stairs to you, of course only the floors you've unlocked through the trials. All others are still blocked!"

I groaned, "Stairs?"

Monokuma chuckled before poofing out of the vicinity. I continued to groan as we trudged up the stairs to the 18th floor.

It didn't look much different from our floor, another hall filled with doors and names on them. It made me wonder what happened to everyone after the school got taken captive or whatever. I wondered where they changed schools to and why the plates were on the doors.

They put those up during opening ceremony so if they were here, another opening ceremony had to have happened prior. But then, were they evacuated or something? It didn't make sense, they would've been living here so how did they all happen to be gone then.

In any way, this place was barren and all the bedroom doors were locked anyway.

There were four doors along the hall. The first one we entered looked like a counseling room, like one from every other school. It reminded me of all those talks I'd be called in for after pulling a prank or when I was stuffed in a locker by someone.

The second room was bigger and had a circle of chairs in the middle. Like some kind of group therapy room, honestly I felt uneasy in that room. It reminded me of the large table spread with food when the social worker would come around. Empty chairs that seem like they'll be used.

Shuichi went inside to search around. Including some cabinets that were around the room. He even found a safe, in a rather odd space inside the room if I may add. It was hidden behind various books in a cabinet, but what was inside explained why it was hidden.

Three bottles of liquor were stored inside. What I didn't get was why it was unlocked. We wouldn't have looked if it weren't open already. I put the bottles back and placed the books in front. Everyone here was weird enough already, didn't need any drunks.

We left the room and entered a room I could remember being in quite a lot. It wasn't the same one obviously, but an infirmary was an infirmary. I entered the room, Shuichi behind me.

The cabinets were locked, probably had medication and stuff in it. Miu would've probably taken anything and everything in this shack. I dismissed my thoughts and checked the desk that was off to the side.

The drawer contained a few empty syringes, some clear latex gloves and a thermometer. The syringes were something to keep an eye on but I only put that thought on the back burner.

"Find anything," Shuichi asked from across the room.

I thought about mentioning the syringes but wanted to keep it to myself just in case. "Nope, just benadryl and thermometers." He eyed me suspiciously but continued to look around a bit longer.

We left the room afterwards, closing the door behind us. Nothing was that interesting other than those three rooms. Finally, we headed into the last room along the hallway.

When we entered, it was immediately clear what the room was for. With all the fabrics lining the wall, a small kitchen and sewing machines, it was quite obvious. Home Ec class, of course they had one.

I walked over to a tower of drawers. They were full of things like thread, sewing needles, pin cushions, pins, some other tools I couldn't name, and scissors.