𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐚.

alejandro

"Mami?" I asked, looking up from my plate of food, she hummed as a response, asking me what was wrong. "Uhm...so, you have a line scar right?" I asked her, and she nodded, before taking a sip of her juice.

"So...Papi has a cross scar...so how did...uhm, how come you guys were like...together, you know what I mean?" I asked her. Looking down at my plate of food.

"Hmm...back then, they were way more strict about the rules...so your dad and I's relationship, it was illegal, that's why he had to leave." She told me, giving me a sad look. "Oh..." I said, moving my food around on my plate.

"What's the matter?" She asked me, I sighed and shrugged slightly, "Just...I thought that somehow...two people with different scars could be together," I said, picking at my shirt sleeve, "They can but...it'll be illegal and you could get into a lot of trouble...why? is there someone with a different scar that you wanna be with?" She asked me.

Robert crossed my mind for a quick minute, he has a lightning scar on his back, and I have a star on mine. We could never be together.

"Robert yeah?" She asked me, a smile on her face, I got all shy and could feel my face heating up. "Hmm, whatever...it won't work so it doesn't matter anymore," I shrugged. Finishing my food and scraping the rest in the trash, before putting it in the sink and spraying some water on it.

‼️

"What do you think about this one?" I asked Robert, moving the camera upwards and showing him the skirt I was wearing. "Oh-so you got the skirt?" Robert asked me, laughing a bit.

"Yeah, I wanted to ask you but I really, really loved it," I said, brushing the fuzzy stuff off my skirt. "I love it a lot, you look cute in it," Robert told me, smiling with a silly face.

"Obviously, I'll be wearing a shirt with it, but I just wanted to show you. You really think it's cute though?" I asked him, twirling around a little, covering my top half. "Yeah, I said you looked adorable, I love it," He shrugged. "Thanks," I told him, laying down on my bed and grabbing my phone.

"Have you found a girl yet to marry?" I asked him with a laugh, he smiled knowing I was teasing him. "Ugh, not yet," He groaned, running a hand through his hair. "I hope you do soon, so you can spend those two years knowing them and loving them," I said.

"Thanks, Alejandrito," He said, "Why do you call me that?" I asked, not angry about my nickname, just curious. "It reminds me of the word Taquito, and you love those things," He said, I smiled because he knows everything about me.

"Did you hear about the news?" Robert asked me, as I scooted back on my bed and put a pillow behind my head. "Well, what news?" I asked, holding the camera up so he could see my face.

"That highschool boy? The one that was shot?" He asked me. My eyes widened hearing that, not only was I shocked but I was confused. "Why was he shot?" I asked, grabbing a blanket and pulling it over me.

"Police said they don't know, but people are saying that it has to do with Mattia Polibio and his dad," Robert said, "They think that they shot him?" I asked and he nodded, sighing as he sat up. "It's so crazy, the kid was just walking back home and now he's dead..." He said, sounding upset.

‼️

"Alright, you're getting delirious, we've been talking for three hours and you haven't gotten any sleep," Robert said, I laughed and rubbed my eyes, "Yeah, we have been talking for a while," I said, looking over at the clock on my side table.

"We can talk tomorrow right?" I asked him, and he nodded. "Of course, I'll see you tomorrow, bye Taquito," He said sleepily. "Bye Robbie," I replied, before hanging up.

I slid my phone over on my side table, but I wasn't tired anymore. Thinking about that poor boy who was dead now because of Mattia Polibio and his father. He never made it home. It made me sick to my stomach and I just felt awful for his family.

‼️

I groaned as I threw myself out of bed the next morning, changing into boxers and a tank top. I basically sleepwalked to Nano's room. "Nano, Na, come on wake up Papi," I knocked on his bedroom door, "You gotta wake up for school, we're gonna be late and I gotta walk you," I told him.

I sighed and rolled my eyes before opening his door and walking in. "Nano, wake up you have to get dressed," I said, patting his back and pulling the blanket off of him. He whimpered, pushing my hand off of him and grabbing the blanket.

"It's 6:30, we don't wanna be late to school. Let's go," I said, grabbing his blanket and throwing it on the floor, "Up, now." I said, leaving and closing the door behind me.

"Whatever!" He yelled from behind the door. I rolled my eyes but went to the kitchen to get breakfast started. My mom was usually tired so she slept in and woke up a few hours after we left, and I would just text her bye.

I opened the fridge, taking out pork roll, and eggs. I heard Nano's door open and his little feet stomp down the stairs, probably mad that he has to wake up so early.

"Good morning sunshine," I smiled at my little brother who's hair was all messy, "Hi," He said tiredly, putting his glasses on and walking over to the table, sitting down and leaning his head on the cold counter. "How'd you sleep?" I asked him, opening the package of pork roll and putting two pieces in the pan.

"Fine, until you came and waked me up," He whined, putting his face in his hands, I didn't correct his grammar because I was too lazy to, and I know he was just saying it the wrong way to piss me off.

"You want a pork roll and egg sandwich?" I asked him, grabbing a fork and flipping them over on the pan. "Yeah sure," He nodded, rubbing his eyes. "Alright, after your done eating, your gonna go to your room, shower and get dressed, then brush your teeth, and get ready for school okay?" I asked him, and he said a quiet okay.

‼️

"Nano, come on let's go, get your shoes on," I said, taking my book bag and grabbing my laptop, putting it in the back pocket of my bag, and zipping it up. "I'm hurrying, I'm hurrying." He said, tying his shoes and putting his bag on.

"Alright, ready?" I asked him, he nodded, and I took his hand and my phone, texting my mom a goodbye from me and Nano as we walked outside and down the house steps.

"I know school is hard, but you need to start paying attention in art class, Mr. Rommel keeps saying that you aren't paying attention and you fell asleep last time. And that's not good Nano," I told him, as we walked down the sidewalk to his school.

"But it's so boring," He groaned, I scoffed as I looked down at my feet, seeing my skirt and white shoes, "If you think art is boring, wait until you grow up and start doing Physics and Chemistry, that's boring. I would do anything to go back to first grade, your lucky Papi, don't take school for granted just yet." I told him, running my hand through his hair.

‼️

"Nano told me to give this to you, as a birthday gift." I said, handing Robert an orange card with a Rubix cube, "Awe," He said, taking the card and opening it, seeing 'Happy Birthday!' written in huge red bold letters.

"See, he even solved the Rubix cube for you, he said he could mess it up for you to solve again," I told him, he smiled as he took the toy. "Tell him I said thank you if you can," Robert told me. I nodded with a smile, thinking about how excited Nano was for me to give the card to Robert.

"Wanna go out to eat for lunch?" He asked me, walking down the hallway to our next period class before lunch. "Yeah sure, where?" I asked him, he shrugged, taking his jacket off and holding it.

"Anywhere you want," He replied. I nodded and smiled shyly. "I'll see you after alright? just stay by the front door," He told me, "Okay, see you," I said, walking off to my next class and smiling at how much I loved my outfit. Definitely gonna take photos later.

‼️

shits gonna go down soon...