𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞.

third pov

Mattia never really felt the fear of true death until now.

His rib cage was starting to show, he could see the outline of every bone on his legs and arms. Not to mention the huge gash on his ankle, that he couldn't even feel at this point. He was certain he was a goner.

And his family, they were all he could think about now. He missed his kids more than anything. And Alejandro, god how much he missed Alejandro. The feeling of being able to hold him when they went to sleep at night, and kiss him, play around with his hair.

Now he was crying.

He wanted his family more than anything in the whole world. Just to hold them all one last time and be able to say goodbye. But he wasn't gonna risk anything, especially with Donatello wanting to hurt them.

The only thing he could do was pray that Donatello would kill him in a non-painful way. Just so this torture would end.

That was until he looked up, seeing the window that was once piled and covered with snow, was open, just a little.

But maybe Mattia could slip out.

‼️

"Just down that hallway, sweetie." A kind nurse told Alejandro, pointing down a long hall, making the boy nod and thank her, struggling to carry Luna's diaper bag and Luna as he followed behind Nano.

"Nano...Nano...Emiliano!" Alejandro whisper-shouted, making the little boy stop in his tracks before turning around and running back over to his brother.

"What?" Nano whispered back, looking up at his brother. "You can't be running through these hallways baby... there are people in these rooms with babies, you have to be quiet." Alejandro told him, swinging the diaper bag over his shoulder and using his empty hand to take Nanos.

"Just in here...turn right," Alejandro said, pushing open the room door and letting Nano walk in first, both of them seeing Dr. O'Neal.

"Oh, hi boys, I didn't even hear you three coming, let me get that for you." She said, smiling at the oldest boy as he leaned over and pulled the door open.

"Thank you," Alejandro smiled, setting Luna and her car seat down on the exam table, gesturing for Nano to sit down in one of the empty chairs nearby. "Sorry we're late, took a while to call an uber, then Nano couldn't find his shoes, and I tore my house apart looking for diapers for Luna-I'm just sorry-I'm a mess, I just-I hope we aren't holding back any of your patients-"

"Nonsense sweetheart, if anything, you gave me some time to finish my lunch. Two kids is a lot of work, and you're doing amazing at raising the two of them. Now let's get started, shall we?" Dr. O'Neal asked, shutting the door behind them all, and standing in front of Luna.

"T-thanks..." Alejandro mumbled awkwardly, thinking about how he cried on the ride over here just because of how stressed he was.

In his opinion, he was doing an awful job of raising them on his own. One kid, he could handle, but two? And one of those two being a baby? it was impossible.

"How has everything been going with her?"

"Uh...good, I guess. She hasn't been sleeping throughout the night, b-but she eats a lot. She's always hungry actually," Alejandro told her, unbuckling Luna from her car seat and laying her down on the table.