𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐞.

long chap

mattia

"Superman!" Nano yelled as he jumped into my arms, all giggly and excited as he hugged me tightly.

"My little hero, look at you go, babe." I smiled, smooching his cheek and rubbing his back. "I'm a superhero?" Nano asked, smiling proudly. "Yes! You are the kindest, the strongest, and the cutest superhero I have ever met!" I cheered, before tickling his stomach.

He giggled loudly, squirming around in my arms before squealing, and we fell to the ground, rolling around on the patchy grass.

"Boys! Lunch!" We both heard Alejandro yell from inside. "Alright, we'd better go inside before he screams at both of us, c'mon, c'mon my beautiful baby!" I smiled, picking him up and throwing him over my back as we both went inside.

"Here, make sure you eat all your potato's and carrots babe," Alejandro said, placing a plate of rice in front of me and Nano with vegetables.

"What is this?" Nano asked, moving his food around on his plate as he looked up at Ale. "'Pollo al horno' papi." (Chicken cooked in the oven) Ale replied, sitting down in his seat and grabbing a fork.

"Hm...I'm not hungry," Nano shook his head, pushing his plate away and leaning back on his chair. Alejandro huffed, "Baby, that took me two whole hours to make. Please, just eat a few bites." Alejandro asked, cutting his vegetables into little pieces.

"But the chicken looks gross..." He muttered.

I felt bad, Alejandro's been cooking dinner for hours, but if Nano didn't like it, it's not like we could force him to eat it.

"Uh...how about we eat some chicken tenders and fries?" I asked, grabbing Nano's uneaten plate and going to the freezer, "Yeah!" Nano shouted excitedly, sitting back up straight as he watched me put his plate in the microwave with aluminum foil on top of it.

"Mattia, he has to eat his actual dinner. He had chicken tenders and fries for lunch. And now he can eat chicken and rice." Alejandro told me, looking at me with a stern look.

"Okay...how about this, if he eats his vegetables first, he can also eat this." I smiled, holding up the bag of frozen chicken tenders and fries before putting them on the counter.

"No Mattia. He can't eat this two times in one day. He can eat them tomorrow for dinner. Now eat your chicken." Alejandro nudged towards the microwave, motioning for Mattia to grab his plate.

"Ale, we can't force him to eat something he doesn't want to...but he'll eat whatever you make tomorrow. Right Nano?" I asked, looking over at the small boy who nodded quickly.

Alejandro just shook his head, looking down at his plate as he continued to eat his food.

‼️

"Alejandro! Package for you!" I shouted, bending down and grabbing the small blue bag with Ale's full name on it, addressed to our house. I turned and closed the door with my foot as I heard Alejandro coming down the stairs. "Who's it from?" He asked, coming up behind me. "Uh, doesn't say...just that it's a gift. Here babe." I said, passing it to him and watching as he walked to the couch, sitting down before ripping the top of it open.