𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 | 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐

third pov

Des closed the boy's bedroom door behind her, going down the hallway quietly to Nano's room, "Mattia?" She called, knocking on the door and waiting for it to open.

"Hey, what happened?" He asked, coming out and stepping into the hallway with her, closing the door behind him not to scare Nano.

"Okay so, where is your guys' doppler? Like the small portable ultrasound machine? With the little stick and heartbeat monitor?" She asked.

Mattia just shrugged, "We...we left it at the hotel in New York, we never got it back though." He replied, watching Des' face drop. "Okay then...a stethoscope? Or anything to see or-or hear the baby on a screen?" She questioned, pushing her hair back frustratedly.

"No, I don't think so. Why?"

"I just...I just wanna check on them...but...I'll figure it out, one second." She waved him off, quickly going back to Alejandro.

Mattia nodded, watching his cousin who he thought was batshit speed walk to his bedroom again.

He turned around, going back to Nano and sitting with him on the floor to play with his monster trucks. "Can we go to the park soon? Like this week?" Nano asked, leaning his head on Mattia's arm and crashing his monster trucks together. "Of course, we can papa, just after Ale has the baby, yeah?" Mattia nodded, rubbing the little boy's back.

The both of them had been calm watching TV, Mattia asking the little boy a ton of questions about going back to school and everything.

"Mattia, hey...can you come out here for a second?" Des popped her head into the bedroom, waving him over.

"Yeah, wait here papi," Mattia told him, standing up and walking over to the bedroom and looking at his cousin weirdly.

"Okay, I need to go," Des said quickly, holding her hands together as Mattia watched her put her coat on. "W-what? Why?" He asked in total shock, "You can't do that, what the hell?" Mattia nearly yelled.

"I need to go home and grab my doppler to check on the baby, or any sort of ultrasound machine. I'll be right back though, I swear." Des nodded, reaching in her pocket for her keys. "No! You can't leave, I'm sure we can find something here to use, please don't leave-"

"No you freak, there's nothing here. I tore your bathroom apart looking for something to see the baby. And there's nothing, so get in there with Ale and help him, I'll be back in a few." Destiny said.

"No, you can't leave. Please don't go. I literally have no idea what I'm doing. Please don't go, I-I can't help him, I don't know-how. Don't leave, don't leave." Mattia practically begged.

"Mattia, either I stay with Ale, and you go and get the doppler, and leave Nano alone, or I go, you stay with Nano and leave Ale to suffer. So you decide, cause I'm pretty sure you can watch the both of them at the same time." She shrugged, starting to go downstairs. "No! Seriously please, don't leave. I don't know how to calm him down, you're the only one who can do it." Mattia grabbed onto her hand, giving her a pleading look.

"Why don't I just bring Ale to the hospital? And you can just stay with Nano since you're so scared of your own husband, who may I remind you, is having your child right now. And you aren't even in the room."