𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 | 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐

third pov

"I'm not sure," Alejandro said uncomfortably after Mattia offered to leave Nano with his father. Alejandro was unsure whether or not he could trust Mr. Polibio just yet.

"Maybe we should bring Nano along as well. He can just wear his pajamas, 'nd I'll carry him on my lap." Alejandro insisted, his gaze falling on his sleeping younger brother, who was curled up in a ball and hugging his pillow to his chest.

"Come on, Ale, tonight is meant to be special. Just the two of us, I promise; my father is a natural with children. Nano, on the other hand, will be sleeping for the majority of the period. It's fine." Mattia reassured him, gently caressing his shoulder to help him relax.

"I know," Alejandro said, "But...I don't trust just anyone with Nano." Alejandro remarked before Nano moaned gently in his sleep, rolling over on his back. "Fine, that's all right. We can take him without a problem." Mattia gave a small nod of approval.

"Kk, good," Alejandro grinned as he reached over and picked Nano up, making him sigh. "Hey, papi, do you want to go get something to eat?" He questioned, sitting up straight and clutching Nano tightly. "Hmm?" Nano whined "Yes please." Nano murmured before closing his eyes and wiping them tiredly.

"Would you like me to hire a limo or drive myself?" Mattia asked, his phone in one hand and his car keys in the other. "It doesn't matter." Alejandro shrugged his shoulders. Mattia didn't feel safe driving, especially since he'd have a few glasses of wine in his system after dinner.

‼️

"This place is too fancy for us," Alejandro said, looking at the outside of the huge building as Mattia stepped outside of the limo. "Thank you, Maurice," Mattia said before closing the car door and walking with Alejandro inside.

Alejandro exclaimed as he looked around the dining room, which was dimly lit with a few candles making it visible,  sparkly chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, and a vase filled with red roses in the middle of each table. The entire room was a velvet red color, with gold paintings on the walls.

"It's a little too fancy for both of us, Ale, but I think we'll be fine here." Mattia grinned, tucking his long black turtleneck sleeves in. "Come on," Mattia said, looking over at Ale, who was holding Nano in his arms and leading him to the front of the restaurant with a hand on the bottom of his back.

"Are you sure those shoes are comfortable for you?" Mattia inquired, his gaze falling on Alejandro's feet, which were propped up by a small heel. "Yes, I'm fine. I'm still able to walk without difficulty." Alejandro responded to him before they got to a small counter,

"Hi there, we have a reservation for 10:30 p.m., and we apologize for being late." Mattia offered an apology to the buff-looking guy at the small table. "There is no need to be sorry. Mattia Po-Po-libio?" The man inquired, pausing for a few moments to correctly pronounce Mattia's surname.

"That's right," Mattia replied. "Great," The waited said, nodding. "Do you want to sit outside or inside?" The suited man asked. "Uh, inside will be perfect," Mattia was the one who responded. Remembering that Alejandro and Nano would be cold if they sat outside.

They were lead to the back of the restaurant, a closed window showing the beautiful view. "This is fine?" The man asked, "Yep, it's cool." Mattia nodded, both of the boys sitting down with Nano in Ale's lap.

"Here are your menus, I'm Danny, and I'll be right back to take your order," Danny said, walking away and towards the kitchen.

"Are you certain you want him to sit with you? He's welcome to sit on my lap." Ale shook his head as Mattia insisted. "No, it's fine," Ale responded, gently rubbing Nano's back. They both say nothing as they try to figure out what to order.