𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧.

mattia

Numb.

That's really the only way to explain what I was feeling.

I hated the smell of hydrogen peroxide and death. It was disgusting. The only thing that could even remotely comfort me was the sound of Nano's little snores.

I sat in the waiting room, Nano laying in my lap and hugging my waist.

"Shhh baby, shhh." I whispered, seeing him start to move around a bit in my hold.

The sick feeling in my stomach never really went away from the start of when I walked into the house and saw blood everywhere.

At least now, I know that Alejandro and the baby are in good hands. That made me happy.

"Fuck...I gotta throw up." I whispered to myself, rubbing my stomach in pain. There was a burning feeling in my throat, like acid. And a twisting type of feeling in my abdomen.

It was awful. I had to get out.

"E-excuse me?" I called out, as a nurse walked past me, looking in my direction when I spoke up. "Can you please watch him for a-a second?" I asked, sitting up and shaking Nano off of me so he could lay down on the waiting room couch cushions.

"Yeah, of course." She nodded, smiling as she sat down a few seats away from Nano.

I thanked her quietly, running off to the bathroom, clutching my stomach.

I pushed past a few people as I sprinted to the bathroom, shoving the door open and running into one of the stalls, bending down and spewing my insides into the toilet bowl, gripping the sides of the porcelain.

"Ah...shit," I groaned, wiping my mouth with my arm. Thinking about everything that's happened in the last twenty-four hours. Alejandro got hurt, we had a baby. It doesn't seem like much but it's a lot to deal with.

I stood up, my feet wobbly as I opened the stall door. leaving and going to the sink to wash up. I wouldn't want Nano knowing I just barfed.

"Hi, t-thank you. Sorry 'bout that." I apologized, walking back into the waiting room and seeing the same nurse, she looked up, smiling. "No, you're good sweetie." She replied before standing up and walking off.

I felt a bit better, rubbing my knees frustratedly before sitting down beside Nano.

I change my mind.

Even with Nano asleep and calm, I couldn't keep still, my knees continually bounced, palms sweating.

I just felt really sick in general.

"Hey?" I jumped in surprise when I looked up and saw Kairi, holding a small duffle bag.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to scare you...I just came as soon as I heard...where's Alejandro and the baby?" Kairi asked, sitting down beside me and playing with his fingers nervously. "No...it's okay...they're uh-Alejandro's in surgery, and the baby-she's in her checkup." I told her, cracking my knuckles.

I smiled softly seeing Kairi's face light up at the mention of 'she' and 'her'

"It's a girl? Really?!" Kairi shouted, jumping up on his feet, before quickly covering his mouth. Mostly because everyone was giving us weird stares.

"Y-yeah...it's a girl...she's gorgeous Kai, you should've seen her...I can't wait to see her again...I love her little face." I smiled, thinking about my baby girl, her tiny nose, her lips, and her huge bambi like eyes.

"My god Mattia, congratulations, that's amazing. I can't wait to see her now...b-but Ale's in surgery? What happened?" Kairi stuttered, hand on his chest as he sat back down.