𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤.

alejandro

I yawned as I rubbed Nano's back, smiling to myself when I heard him snoring softly. I had woken up pretty early that morning, I don't know why, I just didn't feel like being asleep anymore. But it was only seven and school started at nine so I didn't wanna wake Nano up just yet, he deserves his sleep.

I looked down at my leg when I heard my phone ring and notify me that I got a text from someone. It was from Kairi, 'hey, i know we haven't talked in a while, but how is everything? i hope you and Nano are okay.' I read quietly.

Kairi and I still haven't talked since the grocery store thing, he told me he would try to get me out of here. And help Nano, but we're still waiting. I pushed the covers off of me, pulling them up so Nano was warm, before putting some socks on because the floor was cold and going downstairs.

I stopped on the last step to check if Mattia was down here, luckily he wasn't so I would be alone. I know that we had sex and everything but it's just weird being with him when he's not screwing me.

‼️

"Where you going?" Mattia asked me, pausing the TV and turning around to look at me. "School ended a few seconds ago so I'm gonna go get Nano," I told him, opening the front door. "You walking or calling an Uber?" He asked me, "Walking, I don't have any money." I told him, "I'll drive you!" He yelled, "It's fine!" I replied, closing the door and walking down the house steps.

I stopped every few minutes to make the burning pain between my legs stop. I should have waited longer before having sex with Mattia, I was still sore after the doctor removed the baby from inside me so having y'know...penetration just made it worse.

"How was school papi?" I asked as I and Nano walked hand and hand down the sidewalk, his little arm swinging back and forth. "Good, we did show and tell today. I told them about Robert and how he has a cat, I told them that he comes over sometimes......so when are we gonna see him again?" He asked me, his light-up shoes making noises as we got closer to home.

My throat burned at that question, I felt awful that Nano wouldn't be able to see one of his favorite people in the whole world. He's grown quite fond and close with Robert ever since I met him, which was a while ago. Robert came over often when we were children and since Nano was a baby, he got attached to him easily and would always hug Robert and kiss him on the cheek, that was just him being nice.

"I don't know papi, hopefully soon," I told him, I hated lying, but telling him the truth would crush him. "Okay." Is all he said before we crossed the street and turned the corner, seeing home.

‼️

"So how are you, honey?" Dr. O'Neal asked me as I sat down on one of her office chairs, Nano sitting down on my lap and leaning his body back to my chest. "Good, better than before." I shrugged, and she nodded. "Great, that's good. At least your healing, mentally and physically." She said, lowering her spinning chair a bit and scooting closer to her desk.

"So, a while back you came in to do the test for the gene. And we know that..you came back positive. And in the past few months, you got pregnant...three times is it?" She asked me, and I nodded. "Yes, that's right," I replied, and she nodded. "And you and Mattia are trying to get pregnant again, yes?" She asked, I nodded my head yes.

"So...we ran a blood test today like you asked...and when they came back...uhm, we noticed that...your egg count is low...which would make it...almost impossible for you to get pregnant again." She said, folding her hands in front of her.

I bit my bottom lip hearing that, my face going pale, and my body feeling numb. "W-what?" I asked, rubbing my knee, "I am so, so so sorry sweetie." She said, genuinely sounding upset. As if I really cared about getting pregnant. But that's the only reason Mattia is with me, once he finds out I can't have kids, he'll kick me and Nano out.

"Yeah, okay. Nano...Nano let's go papi." I said as I took Nano off of my lap, standing him up and grabbing my jacket from behind me, "Ale, if you could stay just for a bit longer so we can talk-" She said, standing up from her chair and putting her hands on her desk.

"I really can't, it's already late and Nano has to go to bed soon." I said, holding my hand out to Nano, "Let's go, we'll tell Mattia to order pizza." I told Nano, he took my hand, looking down at my phone at the video that was playing, just a gaming Livestream.

"Alejandro. You can come to me just in case anything, if you need help, or if you wanna talk. Okay, honey?" She asked, and I nodded. "Yeah...thanks," I mumbled, walking out of the room with Nano behind me.

‼️

I pulled Nano inside the house as I closed the door behind me, "Alright, no more phone. Go upstairs and get ready to shower okay?" I said, taking my phone from him and putting it in my pocket. "Okay," He nodded, scratching the back of his head. "Hey, it's Friday tomorrow," I told him, trying my best to smile because Nano loves the weekend, he smiled then ran upstairs to our room.

I dropped my jacket on the couch, going to the kitchen to grab something to drink. "Hey, how'd it all go?" Mattia asked me, turning around to face me fully. "Sup...and fine I guess." I shrugged. "Well...what did she say?" He asked, holding a beer in his hand as he closed the fridge.

"I don't......your gonna be upset," I said, walking past him to grab some water before going back to the dining room and sitting down at the table. He followed behind me, "What-why? Why would I be upset...?" He asked, sitting down across from me.

"I...I can't...when we had-when we had sex...I said that we didn't...we didn't need a condom because we were already trying and shit...but...but when I and Dr. O'Neal talked...she-she said that...that my egg count is too low...because of all the miscarriages...so...so she said that it'd be almost impossible for me to have a baby again...so, me getting pregnant and-and actually having a-a baby is just—is just a dream now." I told him, not wanting to look up to see the disappointed look on his face.

"So...does this mean—mean that I and Nano gotta leave? Because I can't get pregnant, and the only reason I'm here for you is so I can carry...carry your kids." I asked him, finally looking up. "Because if we need to leave, then tell me now so we can just pack our stuff and go," I said, sitting up straighter and fidgeting with the water bottle wrapper.

"What...no...no, never. I-I would...I would never tell you guys to get out or anything...never, never..." He muttered, looking down at his hands. "Ado—adoption is always an option Ale." He told me, reaching over and putting a hand over mine. "You don't ever have to be afraid that I'll do that...I love you both too much to do that-" He said, before I snatched my hand away, "No-no you don't!" I yelled, banging my hands on the table as I pushed my chair away.

"You...you can't say that...when you...when you tore my family apart," I said, choking up at my last few sentences.

‼️

"You good now?" Mattia asked me, looking over at me, I shrugged. "Better," I said, looking down at my lap. I and Mattia were laying in bed, completely naked. "Here," Mattia said, handing me a cigarette. I bit my bottom lip, quirking my eyebrow up at him.

"You wanna do it, then go ahead. I'll do it with you." He said, I smiled softly, taking the cigarette out, he grabbed a lighter, holding it up to me, lighting my cig. "Thanks," I said quietly.

"Yeah," He replied, lighting up his own. "Is this some new routine after we have sex?" He asked me, I laughed quietly, shrugging. "Shouldn't always do it...it's bad for you y'know." He told me, before puffing out some of the black smoke.

‼️

wow